Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Off The Press

Chief Prick

Blog Entries

Exclamation Hot Off The Press

For those of you that didn't know (and for those of you that did and have been peeing your pants in anticipation):

For the 10th anniversary of the release of Third Eye Blind's 1st album the band will be playing at the Fillmore on March 13th & 14th (tickets will be sold for March 13th first and March 14th when the 13th sells out). These shows will be filmed for broadcast on HDNet as well as normal broadcast and release on DVD. 3EB wants to invite it's hardcore fans to these shows as they will be special events with set-lists containing songs not played in years and new tracks as well as 3EB favorites.

Nothing is confirmed as yet, but 3EB is looking into making arrangements for a fan event at a hotel where fans can stay for these shows. We will keep you posted as more information becomes available on ticket sales and special events.

If there was ever a time to make the trek across country to see the band in action, this is the time...so make your plans now!
    mail: site at 3eb.co.uk
    facebook | twitter

this sounds AMAZING! i'm definitely going to try & plan a trip cause that's when i have spring break.

when will the tickets be available?

good god i wish i could go.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    These shows will be filmed for broadcast on HDNet as well as normal broadcast and release on DVD.
    normal broadcast as in... like regular, not direct tv, cable? because i will shit myself. and finally.. we get a dvd. oh my god kill me now.
    Samantha
    is just ordinaryday
    how come one girl can't get any fame?
    to bobby, it's pointless anyway
    if she doesn't have faith
    give her my guitar, i'll pay her to play

http://ordinarydaysix.bandcamp.com/
    my music - Ordinary Day Six
    what i'm listening to

Damn. That is not my spring break.
    flickr.
    Quote Originally Posted by TVCY Stephan Jenkins Interview, 06/04/09
    There is a general fear on The Village Church Yard--

Stephan: I would agree.

Old Hag

Yay! Dates and Venue! On the only nights of the week I have classes! Wee! I'm so screwed. If they had only happened one week later...

Anywho, glad to hear confirmation of the shows. The fan event would be cool, but we'd probably make our own regardless of the band's involvement. Hope many of you all can make it!
    You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fucking fingers, and say "that's the bad guy."

i just got that email, very cool. but, it's the week before my spring break, here's to hoping i don't have a mid-term or something..

And during the middle of the week...fuck. Not that it's ever stopped me in the past.

Great to know details though. Thanks Adam!

Team Fredianelli I_RockTheBackyard's Avatar
    Those are perfect dates for me, granted I don't have any exams. I just hope I can get tickets. *crosses fingers*
    I've got your back if you've got my hand.
    This isn't over, it just began.

Why am I still here? thirdeyeob's Avatar
    fuck yes... i have HDNET. they always show random concerts and i've always talked about seeing 3eb in 1080i def. dream no longer. my parents have a dvd real time recorder for those of us that can't wait for the dvd release. god knows when we'll get are hands on it.

Why am I still here? thirdeyeob's Avatar
    just one concern. ususally the concerts shown on hdnet are pre recorded. i hope they don't wait untill the dvd is released to run in on hdnet. (whoops, double post)
    Last edited by thirdeyeob; 01-16-2007 at 09:42 PM.

Pizza is good three days old, right? Maybe's Avatar
    eff me, it's 3 days after my spring break ends. friggin' awesome though!
    Fight with our hopes and our hearts and our hands; We're the architects of our last stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrox View Post
    "I'm your dad now. And me and your mother are about to consummate this relationship."

Yeah, sucks that it's in the middle of the week. I've never even been to a 3EB show and I'd love for this to be my first...but it ain't happening for me. Maybe I'll make it to one of the east coast shows. Thanks for the heads up Adam!

Simon,

I'd be traveling from Nashville also. Looks like Southwest offers a few non-stop flights if you fly into Oakland (though you are limited with the times). Otherwise.....American routes through you either Dallas (which is what I'm probably leaning towards -- I have frequent flyer miles with them) or St. Louis. (into Oakland...SFO is more expensive)

Mary

God damn. All this HDTV/Satellite/Broadband/Digital Cable shit gets confusing. What ever happened to regular basic television?

Anyway, if this is on regular television (I don't have any fancy television gadgets), I'll be stoked. Seems like this DVD thing is really happening, also. The song selection is also going to be very interesting. I hope all you people that go have an awesome time.
    Arion Salazar

Yes, it is. Hopefully we'll hear more details about tickets in the next week, 'cause I'd like to book the flight soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Where is oakland? Is it near SF?

If this gets too specific we'll take it to PM but I figure it could be useful to a lot of people right now.

edit:

Fuck it, I booked. Nashville -> Oakland getting in at 355pm on the day of the first show. Leaving day after second show at 7am. I'll change that if I only get tix for one show. See you all in SF!

During the week, hmm...Let's just say I'll be doing my work for those days the weekend before! I wrote it on the calendar just now in huge letters so nothing else can be fit into those two days. I can't wait for this list to be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Where is oakland? Is it near SF?

If this gets too specific we'll take it to PM but I figure it could be useful to a lot of people right now.

edit:

Fuck it, I booked. Nashville -> Oakland getting in at 355pm on the day of the first show. Leaving day after second show at 7am. I'll change that if I only get tix for one show. See you all in SF!
    I live right next to Oakland, which is across the bay about 20 minutes from SF. Flying into Oakland is way smarter than SF, it's an easy airport to handle. PM me if you have any questions, as I live here!

NOT BANNED

Fuck me. I was hoping this would be any week but my spring break, as I could easier justify and swallow not going. Of course it is during break though, and now I am faced with quite the dilemma.
    @david_d_jones

blot blot western baby
    I didn't get an email.... Can I still get a ticket??

Tony Bulletin:

Hey everyone. Thanks for the overwealming response to the 10th anniversary shows! We are going to hold some tickects, we are not giving away these tickets. If we dont it is likely that super fans who try to get tickets will not be able to. Contact james (who is at) egminc dotcom he will keep you name in a folder- when we get solid hold of the dates-he will get you the info so you can purchase your tickets. We really want to have the cream of the 3eb family at these shows. People who know all the words to the b sides etc. Like I said it will be filmed for direct tv and we we will filming the aftershows. We plan on taking over a nearby hotel with you- and film the likes of it as well. Much luv to you all

Monk
    So the tix are not free but I'm still very glad they are holding them for us.
    Last edited by The Flicker Fade; 01-17-2007 at 03:06 AM. Reason: please be smart about posting e-mail addresses

Senior Member Star Crossed Pimp's Avatar
    Everyone "from" TVCY should make t-shirts that indicate that you're a member of TVCY so that throughout the DVD of the show and aftershow 3eb.co.uk will be represented.
    That way, when people like me who will not be able to go to the concert and have to watch it on HD/DVD/etc. can say, "Hey, I know that guy/girl. . . from TVCY!"

Then we can make fun of a whole new crop of noobs.

Or not. I think it would be neat and fun.

So, if we've emailed James at EGM, it sounds like we're set.

Then why am I still so paranoid about getting tickets?

Simon, you can take the BART from oakland airport to powell street in downtown SF for a few bucks. Outside the airport you board the AIR BART bus, and it takes you over to by the Oakland Raiders stadium. You switch to the BART which is like a subway and it takes you under the bay and into downtown SF. From there you can get a cab to the Fillmore or take a bus all the way down Geary Street and get off at Fillmore St. for a little more change. Pheebee can probably explain better since she is in the city.

http://www.bart.gov/

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Simon, you can take the BART from oakland airport to powell street in downtown SF for a few bucks. Outside the airport you board the AIR BART bus, and it takes you over to by the Oakland Raiders stadium. You switch to the BART which is like a subway and it takes you under the bay and into downtown SF. From there you can get a cab to the Fillmore or take a bus all the way down Geary Street and get off at Fillmore St. for a little more change. Pheebee can probably explain better since she is in the city.

http://www.bart.gov/
    I take BART everyday into SF to get to school so I'm also a resource on that if you need any help.

So, if we've emailed James at EGM, it sounds like we're set.

Then why am I still so paranoid about getting tickets?
    Word

Walking with the wounded Jenkinator3eb's Avatar
    I can't go! boohoo. Damn my senior capstone to graduate and missing my spring break by one week. At least there may be a DVD
    Instant Message: Jenkinator3eb

So, someone with the ability to do so should go ahead and make plans to TiVo this off HDNet and upload it somewhere (read: vandy's site). Just in case, you know, the DVD doesn't happen, which is entirely possible...actually, I'm going to go ahead and say it likely won't happen. Avoid disappointment.