Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XEB Tour and Future

Quote Originally Posted by Punkadelica View Post
    Looks like I'll be going to the LA show.

I was kind of disappointed with the VIP tickets the last time they played LA. The security guy rushed through the meet and greet line, which was lame considering there weren't even that many people.

That was maybe more the venue's fault, but anyway the experience left a bad taste in my mouth so this show I was just going to get the regular tickets.

But I actually ended up going the *other* direction and bought the tickets where I get to play a song with the band during the soundcheck performance.

I feel like one of those lame dudes who do like Fantasy Baseball Camp or something, but it's a hard opportunity to pass up.

We'll see how that goes...
    not lame at all - I witnessed one of those performances last year and it was a thrill for them to be up there with those guys. I'm sure it will be an experience to remember and a huge boost for the band too! Have you decided what to play?

Looks like I'll be going to the LA show.

I was kind of disappointed with the VIP tickets the last time they played LA. The security guy rushed through the meet and greet line, which was lame considering there weren't even that many people.

That was maybe more the venue's fault, but anyway the experience left a bad taste in my mouth so this show I was just going to get the regular tickets.

But I actually ended up going the *other* direction and bought the tickets where I get to play a song with the band during the soundcheck performance.

I feel like one of those lame dudes who do like Fantasy Baseball Camp or something, but it's a hard opportunity to pass up.

We'll see how that goes...
    Lame? It's a bucket list type of item and a once in a lifetime opportunity, dude.

I played drums on Thanks A Lot with the 3 of them last year (on youtube). Easily the best night of my life. There were maybe 15 people in soundcheck watching. Kevin, Arion and Tony all were really into it and I can't thank them enough for the opportunity to even do something like that. WELL worth the money.
    -I shame the devil cause I throw it down so hard-

Should probably get a hobby Punkadelica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hideous Strength View Post
    not lame at all - I witnessed one of those performances last year and it was a thrill for them to be up there with those guys. I'm sure it will be an experience to remember and a huge boost for the band too! Have you decided what to play?
    Nice, and yeah I'm sure it will be fun regardless, just a little self conscious.

However, I have no idea what I'm going to play yet.

When you saw them, did anyone from the band sit out when someone played their part? (i.e., if I choose to play bass on a song will Arion sit out or play along with me? Kind of hoping they don't just double up the part.)

I kind of want to play lead guitar or bass on a song, although I'm kind of leaning towards maybe just doing rhythm and singing I Want You so I can play with both Kevin and Arion.

On the other hand, would love to play bass on Motorcycle Drive By or guitar on The Background or God of Wine. Or bass on SCL.

Way too many hard choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Sco. View Post
    Lame? It's a bucket list type of item and a once in a lifetime opportunity, dude.

I played drums on Thanks A Lot with the 3 of them last year (on youtube). Easily the best night of my life. There were maybe 15 people in soundcheck watching. Kevin, Arion and Tony all were really into it and I can't thank them enough for the opportunity to even do something like that. WELL worth the money.
    Awesome. I think I found your video on YouTube (nice work, if so).

Am definitely excited for the opportunity regardless. Like you said, very much a bucket list-type thing.

Also asked The Hideous Strength above, but do you know whether the band members sit out if someone plays their part (lead guitar, etc.), or do they just double up the part?

Awesome. I think I found your video on YouTube (nice work, if so).

Am definitely excited for the opportunity regardless. Like you said, very much a bucket list-type thing.

Also asked The Hideous Strength above, but do you know whether the band members sit out if someone plays their part (lead guitar, etc.), or do they just double up the part?
    good question regarding guitar or bass. Those that sang or played drums essentially replaced Tony or Javier but I think those that played guitar played along with Kevin. I don't remember anyone playing bass amongst the videos I saw. There are a bunch of them posted on youtube - if I come across one with bass, i'll respond back.

good question regarding guitar or bass. Those that sang or played drums essentially replaced Tony or Javier but I think those that played guitar played along with Kevin. I don't remember anyone playing bass amongst the videos I saw. There are a bunch of them posted on youtube - if I come across one with bass, i'll respond back.
    Cool, thanks.

Yeah, I saw some of the videos and that seemed to be the case.

I would love to play with both Arion and Kevin, but I think it would be less fun to just double up the same part as Kevin or something. And it seems kind of rude to be like "would you pretty please sitting this one out?"

At the moment, I think I'm leaning towards playing bass on MDB or possibly doing acoustic/vocals on I Want You.
    Last edited by Punkadelica; 03-26-2018 at 08:51 AM.

thinking about doing the VIP meet and greet - would it be weird to ask all three guys to sign S/T? i know technically tony wasn't on it...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abe Lincoln: Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

You can't stop me motherfucker because I'm on a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    thinking about doing the VIP meet and greet - would it be weird to ask all three guys to sign S/T? i know technically tony wasn't on it...
    not weird at all - they signed a bunch of those last year and since they all played the self-titled start to finish at all of their shows last year I think it works. And don't forget Tony did make some early contributions to some of those songs. I actually had Kevin and Arion sign a copy of the cd that Stephan and Brad had previously signed. I don't think they had a major reaction about it other than maybe a quick chuckle or eyebrow raised - I was a little worried about that request, lol.

yeah, i have one of the cd's "pre-signed" by stephan and brad, but i don't think i'd take that lol. plus i think it was from ursa major, anyhow.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abe Lincoln: Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

You can't stop me motherfucker because I'm on a boat.

California fans of the band: XEB in San Francisco tonight and LA tomorrow with historic show at the Viper Room tomorrow, back where it all began. Go and check them out - who knows how many more opportunities like this there will be?!?

5/04 Brick & Mortar San Francisco, CA http://bit.ly/2IyYm3d

5/05 Viper Room Hollywood, CA http://bit.ly/2JnmLdh

XEB performing Blinded. So trippy seeing Kevin playing OOTV stuff. He adds a great dynamic to it.

https://www.facebook.com/xebstreette...tion&ref=notif
    -I shame the devil cause I throw it down so hard-

Darkness is floating around on Facebook. Sounds pretty good as well
    Last edited by Sco.; 05-06-2018 at 12:36 AM.

Looking for it but can't find it. Would you be able to share to me on fb? Bradley Cool (eiffel tower in the background of profile picture)

Here's Darkness from The Viper Room last night 5/5:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...32348186939598

Re: Blinded -- That was pretty sweet! And Tony said it's the first time they even played it live so considering that, not too shabby!
    Re: Darkness -- Ditto. I need to experience these tunes in person. Come back to the mitten boys!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Spiff2112; 05-07-2018 at 11:39 PM.

I'm going to try to upload the video of me playing with them when I get home later (had to fix the audio, was a bit quiet and stuff, but fun overall).

In the meantime, here's "Horror Show" live during soundcheck at the Viper Room. Tony had some interesting lyric substitutions, lol, but pretty good performance. Went back and listened to the Summer Gods Live version and I think XEB's is much better.

https://youtu.be/vDr_ad0VXV4

Missed the first piece because of phone issues, but got the rest.
    Last edited by Punkadelica; 05-09-2018 at 12:35 AM.

I'm going to try to upload the video of me playing with them when I get home later (had to fix the audio, was a bit quiet and stuff, but fun overall).

In the meantime, here's "Horror Show" live during soundcheck at the Viper Room. Tony had some interesting lyric substitutions, lol, but pretty good performance. Went back and listened to the Summer Gods Live version and I think XEB's is much better.

https://youtu.be/vDr_ad0VXV4

Missed the first piece because of phone issues, but got the rest.
    thanks for sharing this! look forward to seeing your performance with the band? How was the show? Was there much band banter? Any reflections back on playing Viper Room back in '96 before they got signed? Was Blinded the only thing played off OOTV? thanks again!

Alright XEB fans - the boys are about to return to the east coast starting this Thursday night in Somerville, Mass. Who knows if they ever do this again so let's please get out to these shows and give them some love for bringing their music back to us fans for the better part of the last two years! Spread the word, let's make sure the long time 3EB fans in the NYC area, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia get out to a show or multiple shows!!! Dates and ticket links here:

https://www.facebook.com/officialXeb...3966167614127/

Halt! I am Reptar! burningman75's Avatar
    Hey guys! Been a while since I've posted on here. Signed on to offer two free tickets for XEB - Hartford - 06/22 show if anyone's interested. Not looking to make money, they're up for grabs if someone is interested. Unfortunately, something has come up and I will not be able to make the show. Hate to see the tickets go to waste!. If you're close and have an interest in going, hit me up!

** Update **
    Someone has already claimed these tickets as of yesterday!
    Last edited by burningman75; 06-19-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Integrity
    Alright XEB fans - the boys are about to return to the east coast starting this Thursday night in Somerville, Mass.
    https://www.facebook.com/officialXeb...3966167614127/
    I'll be there tonight! Look for a guy in a dark grey shirt with dark hair and beard scruff. Come say hi and we will geek out!

Integrity
    Additionally, I bought 4 GA tickets and only have myself and 1 friend going so if someone wasn't able to get tickets and wants to go I would offer the 2 extra tickets for free. PM me for details. I will check back here before the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Salazar3eb View Post
    I'll be there tonight! Look for a guy in a dark grey shirt with dark hair and beard scruff. Come say hi and we will geek out!
    I won't be there tonight but looking forward to seeing them next week. You are in for a treat - enjoy it!! And if you are able to share any video from the show, that would be awesome.

Should probably get a hobby blair kennedy's Avatar
    Watching all these xeb videos... keep tony on to play rhythm and backing vocals- but he is not a front man. His vocals are off key and average at best. I love what they are doing but think they need a stronger vocalist, especially if they are to release some originals.

Should probably get a hobby
    Quote Originally Posted by Salazar3eb View Post
    Additionally, I bought 4 GA tickets and only have myself and 1 friend going so if someone wasn't able to get tickets and wants to go I would offer the 2 extra tickets for free. PM me for details. I will check back here before the end of the day.
    sonovabitch i live in somerville and was actually around that weekend. dammit dammit dammit!
    let's try this one more time with feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by duckyboy View Post
    I am real, so is Kevin. And you owe us both an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by blair kennedy View Post
    Watching all these xeb videos... keep tony on to play rhythm and backing vocals- but he is not a front man. His vocals are off key and average at best. I love what they are doing but think they need a stronger vocalist, especially if they are to release some originals.
    I disagree completely. Having seen 3eb live, Tony gave a much better live performance than Stephan usually does. He has much better range and could actually hit all of the notes.

Of course, Stephan has a very unique voice, so it's hard to replace that, but Tony did a great job overall.