Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: XEB Tour and Future

saw them at milkboy in philly. did the vip thing, met them and watched the soundcheck. it was AWESOME.

also, i saw michelle there!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abe Lincoln: Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

You can't stop me motherfucker because I'm on a boat.

I hear you
    Tony is pitchy at times for sure. There's also some weird tension stuff between him and Kevin on stage that I've picked up on. That needs to stop. That's all stuff that can be fixed though.
    Jesus says relax...

Quote Originally Posted by Punkadelica View Post
    I disagree completely. Having seen 3eb live, Tony gave a much better live performance than Stephan usually does. He has much better range and could actually hit all of the notes.

Of course, Stephan has a very unique voice, so it's hard to replace that, but Tony did a great job overall.
    Look Tony can't be Stephan, so it's unfair to expect that but he is clearly the best possible lead vocalist for XEB. He has history with the band, he feels the music and the fans are feeling his presence. Seeing him and Kevin perform together is almost something out of a dream. Having been to shows both last year and this year, I think it's clear Tony has come a long way as a lead vocalist for this band. And Arion is the glue that keeps it all together out there. His focus and playing ability is just off the charts. The crowd in Philadelphia was really terrific, they filled the upstairs of the bar/club and really made the band feel appreciated. I am really hoping some of the shows that really went well on this quick run will convince them to keep pushing forward.

Saw em in Annapolis with my wife and sister, good times! Never seen Darkness live so I was happy to hear that one in it's entirety. Would've liked to seen them play a few more tunes, but I was grateful for what we got, to their credit they didn't waste much time between songs moving from one song to the next. Kind of neat seeing KC perform Blinded, I usually listen to the acoustic version of that song so it was cool hearing it electric. I was right next to Arion for the whole show, Kevin and Tony are great but damn Arion is awesome! Pretty awesome getting to see him up close just do his thing!
    "I will never play a song publicly again until its done." - Stephan Jenkins

Another chance to catch the band if you're in the NY area. XEB is opening up for Manchester Orchestra at the Orange County Fair next Monday July 16th in Middletown, NY! Hopefully a great gig for the guys to continue to get more exposure. Tickets link here:

https://boxoffice.diamondticketing.c...county/tickets

@thehideousstrength

Oh you were there too! Did you come to the pre-show VIP thing?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abe Lincoln: Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

You can't stop me motherfucker because I'm on a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    @thehideousstrength

Oh you were there too! Did you come to the pre-show VIP thing?
    didn't do the VIP in Philly but did a couple of them last year. It was a great night though, crowd was really good - was cool to be a part of it.

Didn't see this in the thread, but it's pretty dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Didn't see this in the thread, but it's pretty dope.

yep - seeing Bonfire at these shows was truly awesome. Loved Kevin's whistling it to the close! At one of the shows I was at, it felt like me and Tony were having a singalong back and forth. Definitely the highlight or Ursa Major - then and now!! PS - that same account basically posted the entire show from Somerville if you click on their channel.