Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Summer Gods Tour

ur mom
    Been wondering the same thing.

Real SJ died sometime in between OOTV and UM, this is clone #3.
    The others didn't hold up well through touring, they had to go back to the drawing board and pull the newest clone from an earlier DNA sets.
    This is 2001 SJ, i.e. Clone #3.
    POWR
    AFTW
    SD
    PBN
    TSYS

Vocals are rough pretty much all the time these days. Every now and then he musters enough to actually hit the notes in Jumper but he's over 50 and has been singing some relatively high songs since he was in his 30s at least. That said, he has kept his youth pretty well - must be all the college chicks he bangs after shows lol. Forgetting the lyrics in SCL - what can you say...weak. Kris's changes to Jumper are ok, but still nothing beats the original. I watched the God of Wine video by XEB, the professionally recorded one, and man, they sound better than any time 3eb has played it in the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by K Sull View Post
    Vocals are rough pretty much all the time these days. Every now and then he musters enough to actually hit the notes in Jumper but he's over 50 and has been singing some relatively high songs since he was in his 30s at least. That said, he has kept his youth pretty well - must be all the college chicks he bangs after shows lol. Forgetting the lyrics in SCL - what can you say...weak. Kris's changes to Jumper are ok, but still nothing beats the original. I watched the God of Wine video by XEB, the professionally recorded one, and man, they sound better than any time 3eb has played it in the last 10 years.
    yes XEB sounds like the real 3eb - not the cover band version

I'll be able to see the band for the first time as they come to Hamburg too. Can't wait to hear them perform the whole record. It's my favourite record of all time so it means alot to me. I'd love to hear XEB play but that's probably never gonna happen

Successfully Not Banned Yet Chris233's Avatar
    What are the chances of an XEB studio record? With all the demos?
    Little to none?

Ok, for those that are interested, here is the setlist from the third show of the Summer Gods tour in Jacksonville, FL... I believe this is only the third time they have ever been to JAX. I have been to all three. The first was when they opened for U2 at Altell Stadium in 1999, which made me immediately go out and by the S/T and turned me onto the band.

Weightless (Intro)
    Company of Strangers
    Horror Show
    Wounded
    Queen of Daydreams
    Something in You
    Shipboard Cook
    LAWY
    Narcolepsy
    SCL
    Jumper
    Graduate
    HIGB
    Thanks a Lot
    Burning Man
    Good for You
    London
    I Want You
    Background
    MDB

Encore:
    NLYG
    Alright Caroline
    God of Wine

I though the show was rather good. Definitely the most rocking 3eb I have seen in a good while, and Stephan and the band sounded really good.

I am really getting into WAD and AC, Scattered, and TOTS from the re-release. For a 20 year old band, I think the quality of music they have put out since and including Dopamine has been quite good. AC sounds exactly like what you would expect from a studio version of that song.

Anyway, I had a great time. Long live 3eb! Still a blast after all these years.
    Last edited by dzaborn; 06-23-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Getting There
    Quote Originally Posted by dzaborn View Post
    Ok, for those that are interested, here is the setlist from the third show of the Summer Gods tour in Jacksonville, FL... I believe this is only the third time they have ever been to JAX. I have been to all three. The first was when they opened for U2 at Altell Stadium in 1999, which made me immediately go out and by the S/T and turned me onto the band.

Weightless (Intro)
    Company of Strangers
    Horror Show
    Thanks a Lot
    Wounded
    Queen of Daydreams
    Something in You
    Shipboard Cook
    LAWY
    Narcolepsy
    SCL
    Jumper
    Graduate
    HIGB
    Thanks a Lot
    Burning Man
    Good for You
    London
    I Want You
    Background
    MDB

Encore:
    NLYG
    Alright Caroline
    God of Wine

I have some vids of London, AC, and GOW that I will post tomorrow. I'm too f'd up right now to upload them. I though the show was rather good. Definitely the most rocking 3eb I have seen in a good while, and Stephan and the band sounded really good.

I am really getting into WAD and AC, Scattered, and TOTS from the re-release. For a 20 year old band, I think the quality of music they have put out since and including Dopamine has been quite good. AC sounds exactly like what you would expect from a studio version of that song.

Did they really fucking play NLYG and AC in between MDB and GOW? if true this is actually really disappointing.
    And they played Thanks A Lot twice? wtf
    I get they like to close on GOW but god damn it if you tell everyone you're gonna play the ST start to finish fucking do it

ok, my bad. That's a f'up on my part. TAL only played once. I corrected my post. But yes, NLYG, AC, and GOW were the encore.

I am a GIRL
    Pretty smart for them to play new songs first then go into S/T. Make the casual 3eb fans listen to new material they may not have heard before going into what they came there for.
    I'll make do with none, I will blame no one
    Slept on packing foam, I'll make it all my home

Quote Originally Posted by dzaborn View Post

Weightless (Intro)
    Company of Strangers
    Horror Show
    Wounded
    Queen of Daydreams
    Something in You
    Shipboard Cook
    LAWY
    Narcolepsy
    SCL
    Jumper
    Graduate
    HIGB
    Thanks a Lot
    Burning Man
    Good for You
    London
    I Want You
    Background
    MDB

Encore:
    NLYG
    Alright Caroline
    God of Wine

I have some vids of London, AC, and GOW that I will post tomorrow. I'm too f'd up right now to upload them. I though the show was rather good. Definitely the most rocking 3eb I have seen in a good while, and Stephan and the band sounded really good.

Not one song from either of the two CD's they released in the 2000's, and I'm not mad about it lol.

Pillar of the community

Such a cool intro. Really good!

Must say, they sound - based on the few videos ivè heard - really tight on this tour.
    Last edited by marchisio8; 06-12-2017 at 08:47 PM.

another huge yet typical disappointment that Weightless is just an intro teaser. One of the 4 or 5 best songs they've released since OOTV and he has barely ever played it live and now reduced to a garbage mock-up of the chorus. It would be an incredible opener for this tour if played in full. Who knows if it ever will be.

Great production on this tour. It sound full, clean, loud.

N00b
    Quote Originally Posted by marchisio8 View Post

Such a cool intro. Really good!

Must say, they sound - based on the few videos ivè heard - really tight on this tour.

Damn... Jenkins pulling out the double necked guitar on SCL. Haven't seen that since '99 NLYG video. He's brining it all back for the Summer Gods tour.

NOT BANNED

Stephan Jenkins having a double neck guitar is like Stephen Hawking having a top of the line treadmill.
    @david_d_jones

ur mom
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrox View Post
    Stephan Jenkins having a double neck guitar is like Stephen Hawking having a top of the line treadmill.
    lolol.
    funniest thing i've read on here in ages.
    POWR
    AFTW
    SD
    PBN
    TSYS

Whipping Boy Calamity

I saw a video on one of the Facebook groups of I Want You from one of the last couple shows And my god was it painful. Jenkins just babbled on for a bit, got people to clap, missed his lines, sang the words in a different melody when he did find his place finally, and the background vocals were just cringe worthy. Then Kryz was just playing god knows what but it sure didn't sound like I Want You. I'm looking forward to the show but not looking forward to the first half which is all new stuff and/or butchered old stuff and then the last half being the self titled butchered with never let you go thrown in just for the hell of it. Come to think of it it doesn't sound like I'm looking forward to it at all, but it's almost like a train wreck you can't look away from. Oh well.

Just saw them a couple nights ago in Nashville. The thing I disliked most was Kryz not playing the songs like they're meant to be played. Sounded awful. Just play the fucking songs like they were recorded! Otherwise, they sounded pretty good. Stephan forgot the lyrics to HIGTB. He also said they (he) fucked up the Summer Gods EP, so you know what that means... It's not coming out anytime soon
    We never are what we intend or invent

N00b
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    Just saw them a couple nights ago in Nashville. The thing I disliked most was Kryz not playing the songs like they're meant to be played. Sounded awful. Just play the fucking songs like they were recorded! Otherwise, they sounded pretty good. Stephan forgot the lyrics to HIGTB. He also said they (he) fucked up the Summer Gods EP, so you know what that means... It's not coming out anytime soon
    Just saw them tonight in Baltimore. Have to agree with you for the most part about Kryz's playing. He's trying to fit too many notes in on the solos that muddied the sound. Also wasn't in love with some of the pedals he was using, which led to the guitar sounding thin during some songs.

But fuck if Jenkins vocals weren't on point tonight. Dude nailed just about every note and even caught the bottle drop in Burning Man. All in all was impressed, particularly since this was the first time i've seen them since 2012 and haven't seen them perform as a 5 piece.

God of Wine: Born: April 8, 1997 Died: summer of 2017. Wow - the Kopp piano based first two minutes or so on this tour is just dreadful. After seeing XEB play the debut album the way it was intended to be played, this is just abysmal. What possesses him to re-arrange epic songs in this manner? RIP GOW

Successfully Not Banned Yet
    For those who went, how long did Sliversun Pickups play? And how did it take for Third Eye Blind to switch?

I won tickets to the Vegas show so I'm going. From the sounds of it, I'll probably be grateful I didn't spend any money on it.

At least I've gotten to see XEB a couple times, and they are fantastic.

N00b
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonNades View Post
    For those who went, how long did Sliversun Pickups play? And how did it take for Third Eye Blind to switch?
    Only caught the last three songs of their set. But judging by time gates opened and they finished up, I'd say they were on for 1-1:15 or so. Breakdown was actually fairly quick ~20 minutes between acts

I hear you
    It took all of my strength to not respond to the attached post with "Well...it can't make his playing any worse #silverlining" Screenshot_20170620-143731.png
    Jesus says relax...

blot blot western baby
    Tomorrow's show is being livestreamed, but you might have to have Oculus VR + Samsung Galaxy to get the app to watch it? It's a little unclear. https://www.oculus.com/experiences/e...6745050701345/