Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1581

Thread: Xeb

Getting There
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey242 View Post
    I love the ending to HIGTB in the XEB video. And what Kevin says is exactly how I've felt for years and years! So glad someone else has always thought the same thing - and it just happens to be one of the writers. As weird as it may sound, it has kinda given me some closure which I didn't know I needed till now!
    dude, same. And for Kevin to sing it, twenty years later, after being exiled from the band, and screwed out of so much money and fame that he deserves and to be back together with Arion and now Tony singing the song he wrote. When he used to sing it playing solo it never meant much to me, but now after finally reassembling the better majority of this band and just belting out "yeah it's gonna be allllllll riiiiight" in that fuck yeah kinda way is awesome.

Anyone at The Canyon tonight?

Successfully Not Banned Yet
    I'll be there but running a little late. How's the crowd?

Sorry for not getting back to you asufan - my phone basically conked out on me.

So, last night I was lucky enough to see Xeb play at The Canyon Club in LA, which considering I live in the UK is quite a feat. I'm in LA on business and had no idea Xeb were playing (it's a work trip, why would I be looking at stuff like that!) But it occurred to me before my plane left the UK that if I was ever going to see the band then this week was perhaps going to be my only chance. I saw that they were playing Great Bear Lake on the day arrived - it would have been a 2.5hr Uber from LAX as soon as I touched down, so I messaged the Xeb FB page to see what time they were going on stage. Didn't get a reply and took ages getting out of customs, so missed my chance.

Sunday afternoon I got a message via Facebook from Tony who had just seen my message from Saturday that I was down on the guestlist at The Canyon Club which was only a 30 minute ride from my hotel. I got a free pass from my boss to go to the gig and ended up going solo and having an amazing time.

The performance was tight, Kevin and Arion were as good as I expected, which is to say they lived up to 20 years of hype. Tony was awesome. I think he probably has to play a different role to Stephan in that he needs to get people up and dancing and into the music at much smaller venues. Vocally he nailed it and was a great entertainer. Javier is pure class. He has infectious character that you can see beaming out of his face all the way from the behind his drum kit.

I also got the chance to meet Jason Slater who was in the audience and got a shout out from Tony. Jason messaged me a few weeks ago after we exchanged some comments on a 3eb / Xeb FB group, so I messaged him to ask him where he was at the venue and got a hug from him. I had a quick chat with Tony after the show who called me 'The guy from the UK I got tickets for' which was an accurate description. Some other guy from the show was chatting with Tony and brought up Stephan which was the last thing I would ever do. Still, Tony told an incredible anecdote about his attempts to reconcile with Stephan which really gave me insight in what a great guy Tony is.

I bought the Medusa T-shirt at the back of the club but couldn't stick around any longer to try and find Kevin and Arion after the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikorasu View Post
    Sorry for not getting back to you asufan - my phone basically conked out on me.

So, last night I was lucky enough to see Xeb play at The Canyon Club in LA, which considering I live in the UK is quite a feat. I'm in LA on business and had no idea Xeb were playing (it's a work trip, why would I be looking at stuff like that!) But it occurred to me before my plane left the UK that if I was ever going to see the band then this week was perhaps going to be my only chance. I saw that they were playing Great Bear Lake on the day arrived - it would have been a 2.5hr Uber from LAX as soon as I touched down, so I messaged the Xeb FB page to see what time they were going on stage. Didn't get a reply and took ages getting out of customs, so missed my chance.

Sunday afternoon I got a message via Facebook from Tony who had just seen my message from Saturday that I was down on the guestlist at The Canyon Club which was only a 30 minute ride from my hotel. I got a free pass from my boss to go to the gig and ended up going solo and having an amazing time.

The performance was tight, Kevin and Arion were as good as I expected, which is to say they lived up to 20 years of hype. Tony was awesome. I think he probably has to play a different role to Stephan in that he needs to get people up and dancing and into the music at much smaller venues. Vocally he nailed it and was a great entertainer. Javier is pure class. He has infectious character that you can see beaming out of his face all the way from the behind his drum kit.

I also got the chance to meet Jason Slater who was in the audience and got a shout out from Tony. Jason messaged me a few weeks ago after we exchanged some comments on a 3eb / Xeb FB group, so I messaged him to ask him where he was at the venue and got a hug from him. I had a quick chat with Tony after the show who called me 'The guy from the UK I got tickets for' which was an accurate description. Some other guy from the show was chatting with Tony and brought up Stephan which was the last thing I would ever do. Still, Tony told an incredible anecdote about his attempts to reconcile with Stephan which really gave me insight in what a great guy Tony is.

I bought the Medusa T-shirt at the back of the club but couldn't stick around any longer to try and find Kevin and Arion after the show.
    Sweet! What an incredible story. Not being from the US myself I know the frustration - although at least they have been to the UK! Australia isn't really on their radar but I finally got to see them in Japan back in 2008 when Tony was still in 3eb. I met them all afterwards which was quite surreal to be honest. Tony was a real stand-up guy - so genuine.

Pillar of the community cheetos's Avatar
    Sweet! What an incredible story. Not being from the US myself I know the frustration - although at least they have been to the UK! Australia isn't really on their radar but I finally got to see them in Japan back in 2008 when Tony was still in 3eb. I met them all afterwards which was quite surreal to be honest. Tony was a real stand-up guy - so genuine.
    On twitter Stephan said they are coming to Australia this year
    The best things come and go
    Invest in those

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos View Post
    On twitter Stephan said they are coming to Australia this year
    I'm not a massive Twitter user, but do follow Stephan...how the hell did I miss that! I am there! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    dude, same. And for Kevin to sing it, twenty years later, after being exiled from the band, and screwed out of so much money and fame that he deserves and to be back together with Arion and now Tony singing the song he wrote. When he used to sing it playing solo it never meant much to me, but now after finally reassembling the better majority of this band and just belting out "yeah it's gonna be allllllll riiiiight" in that fuck yeah kinda way is awesome.
    I get what you mean when Kevin sang it live. It didn't have that impact on me either. It's so crazy to think that these three are playing together after all that has happened.

I get what you mean when Kevin sang it live. It didn't have that impact on me either. It's so crazy to think that these three are playing together after all that has happened.
    Ehhh it isn't that tough to believe. they shared a very unique experience together going from nothing to one of the biggest bands of their time. also, they all have something else in common - they were all screwed by Jenk.

Since neither of the three had anything going on musically, and the first volume turned 20, it isnt that "crazy" to think that they decided to reunite to go on tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikorasu View Post
    Still, Tony told an incredible anecdote about his attempts to reconcile with Stephan which really gave me insight in what a great guy Tony is.
    i'm curious if Tony indicated what Stephan's response was when he tried to reconcile? Did this happen recently?? Glad you enjoyed the show - they are all-around awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hideous Strength View Post
    i'm curious if Tony indicated what Stephan's response was when he tried to reconcile? Did this happen recently?? Glad you enjoyed the show - they are all-around awesome.
    Don't remember Arion being screwed over by Stephan. That's a new one.
    Ryan

+++++

I saw them last Friday the 9th. Haven't seen Kevin in 20 years. His guitar work was amazing as were his vocals (the HIGB ending was the best). Arion's bass was mesmerizing. I've never paid that close attention to a bass player, the man is a genius, so funky. And when he doubles up on the vocals it's beautiful.

I love Tony and his history with the band. I just think that he needs to tone down the vocals. So much loud shouting. He needs to work on a more melodic delivery. There is a sweetness to SJ's vocals despite all of his arrogance and bravado. Tony's manic presence lacks the nuance these songs contain.

My wife said that the notion of XEB seemed a little sad to her. While I explained some context, I too feel a little sad about it all.
    Last edited by lighter_boots; 06-14-2017 at 07:08 PM.

+++++

Quote Originally Posted by keanry01 View Post
    Don't remember Arion being screwed over by Stephan. That's a new one.
    Publishing for sure

Quote Originally Posted by jenk View Post
    Ehhh it isn't that tough to believe. they shared a very unique experience together going from nothing to one of the biggest bands of their time. also, they all have something else in common - they were all screwed by Jenk.

Since neither of the three had anything going on musically, and the first volume turned 20, it isnt that "crazy" to think that they decided to reunite to go on tour.
    Well, I think you're in a minority on this one. Its a huge deal. You're right in saying they all had something in common (getting screwed by Jenkins), but the fact that they're all gelling pretty well on stage is a once circa 2012 pipedream turned into a dream come true. IMO
    -I shame the devil cause I throw it down so hard-

NOT BANNED

Given Kevin's acrimonious attitude toward Tony last time he was on here, which was probably 15 years after he was replaced, I'd say it's pretty incredible. Good on Kevin for letting it go -- I think it's a safe bet that Arion had a lot to do with that. Hopefully this whole tour has been cathartic for them all.
    @david_d_jones

I am a GIRL
    Sounds like an album might just be in the cards for these guys. I hope they make it happen.

Nice interview:
    I'll make do with none, I will blame no one
    Slept on packing foam, I'll make it all my home

I hope to see:
    1. an album of XEB originals.
    2. Kevin playing some of the OOTV songs with Tony and Arion. We've heard Tony play Kevin's stuff, I want to hear the other way around.
    3. Tony with an electric guitar on stage with K and A.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I hope to see:
    2. Kevin playing some of the OOTV songs with Tony and Arion. We've heard Tony play Kevin's stuff, I want to hear the other way around.
    Oh yeh, you have nailed it. It sounds positive that they might be around for a few years - would love to see Blue and OOTV tours!

I hope to see:
    could not agree more on point #2. I think there is major reluctance for KC to play songs from the catalog post-Blue but it would just be incredible to hear his take on OOTV (and even Ursa) material. Hope they can make that happen on at least a few songs if they keep this going. Would also like to see Tony play some electric - I don't see that happening but hey who thought we'd get this far?!?

I hope to see:
    All great, just adding to #1: A good release of 'What You Do to Me'.

Should probably get a hobby blair kennedy's Avatar
    tony is off his chops
    i prefer to red to green. it goes better with my complexion.

NOT BANNED

Man, that's a legitimate interview. Kevin's coy allusion to Valentine perhaps producing an album would be unreal, but as always, gotta keep expectations in check.
    @david_d_jones

I am a GIRL
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrox View Post
    Man, that's a legitimate interview. Kevin's coy allusion to Valentine perhaps producing an album would be unreal, but as always, gotta keep expectations in check.
    I'm glad they're being careful with their words. Lots of "hopes" and "shoulds" and "not sures". I like that they aren't over promising. Refreshing.
    I'll make do with none, I will blame no one
    Slept on packing foam, I'll make it all my home

Definitely a Valentine reference. From the No Guitar Is Safe podcast it was clear that Eric wanted to work with Kevin again. A sound akin to the S/T and Valentine onboard, I can't help but get excited at the prospect.

blot blot western baby
    Berkeley show last night was great. I asked them if Arion would def be singing on their record and he joked that he might do some Frank Sinatra covers. Recorded some stuff for you guys:

Soundcheck
    Gorgeous
    Horror Show
    Invisible

Self-Titled

Background video

Encore
    1000 Julys (only one song because there was a band after them)

Full Audio