Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1588

Thread: Xeb

Quote Originally Posted by Nikorasu View Post
    As I said before, Tony was ill that day. He's been smashing the vocals in the other recent videos before he got ill...
    no question about it - Tony was really terrific last Saturday night seeing him in-person as the lead for the first time and then unfortunately got hit with this cold/virus. He still deserves a lot of credit for battling on and putting on a stellar show in spite of that but clearly his voice has sounded better on this tour than the last couple of shows as a result.
    Comparing him with Stephan is tough on many levels. That said, I really do believe that Tony is the perfect fit for lead vocals of XEB with the understanding that Jenkins has fully committed to his new band and outright turned his back on the roots and history of the past. Tony is giving it his all out there and is such an important part of the history of the band along with KC and Arion. Let's hope once this tour winds down they make the decision to keep this going.

Getting There
    Just watched Gorgeous from the Iridium show. Christ, the fucking KC outro is indescribably perfect

N00b

My XEB on stage marriage proposal

I attended the show at the Adelphia in Marietta, Ohio on May 20th. I contacted Kevin Cadogan on about the possibility of proposing to my girlfriend on stage. He was game and said it would happen between Semi-Charmed Life and Jumper. I contacted the venue whose manager came up with a brilliant way to get me on stage. She gave us a ticket before the show and said it was a chance to go on stage and get a t-shirt, poster, and maybe sing with the band. My girlfriend had no idea it was all a set up. When the time came, our number was called and we went on stage. I had a dozen red roses waiting for me to give to her. I got on the mic and asked my girl to marry me and put on the ring. Luckily, she said yes. I started the chant of "XEB" and high fived Kevin on the way off staged. Arian flashed us a big smile and thumbs up. The show was awesome. Tony sounded great and really connected with the audience, jumping down among us during "Good For You" and "1000 Julys." Tony called Kevin the most underrated guitarist on the planet. I totally agree! Once, Kevin helped Tony tune his guitar, and Arian quipped "Music heals all wounds." The band's encore was The Light that Hits the Room, Wounded and 1000 Julys. After the show, my fiancée and I went back and met the band. Javier was all smiles and seemed happy for us! It was pretty special when you meet your heroes and they are really cool, super nice people. My user name was Good_man for years so I have been on these boards since before Ursa Major came out. I know the hardcore fans want news. So, I asked Tony if they were going to do any new music together. He said "We are thinking about it" Keeping my fingers crossed. Meeting these guys made me feel great about being a fan of their music and following them all these years.
    Last edited by Goodman; 05-23-2017 at 02:36 PM.

ur mom
    Great story, bro! Congrats!
    POWR
    AFTW
    SD
    PBN
    TSYS

I am a GIRL
    Great story - congrats! Cool of the guys to make it happen for you
    I'll make do with none, I will blame no one
    Slept on packing foam, I'll make it all my home

blot blot western baby
    Congratulations! That's really cool

Wow! Great story! And congrats! I'm going to the show tomorrow night! Can't effin' wait!

Wow, congrats man! Thats awesome, what an incredible moment that must have been. I saw the video of the whole thing, its on facebook.

What a special moment to share with your girlfriend/fiance. Which poster did you end up getting? I made the one that has the bridge on it haha. Cheers
    -I shame the devil cause I throw it down so hard-

N00b
    I got the other poster just because it had Marietta and the date on it. I really like the bridge one better though!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
    I got the other poster just because it had Marietta and the date on it. I really like the bridge one better though!
    Haha all good man, the medusa poster was very cool as well. Either way, glad you had a great time.
    -I shame the devil cause I throw it down so hard-

Show last night was awesome! I ended up flying solo because my friend couldn't get out of work. Sucks cuz she's a huge fan and I really wanted her to see this. It isn't all bad flying solo cuz you can end meeting new peeps at shows. Which can be cool I ended up getting 2 of the bay bridge posters, 1 for her. And on one, Kevin signed it twice!

The opener: Brad Ray was pretty damn good. He's like acoustic/electric, sunny kinda pop rock, with some blue-y feeling stuff thrown in the mix. I'd totally recommend looking him up. His dad is his lead guitarist!

I stood right in front of Kevin. Having never seen him live, I wasn't sure what to expect. He kinda just stood there looking bored at first, but then I realized, that's how he works. In a stoic stance. A straight forward, methodical kind of way. Nothing too flashy until it was his turn to shine then he'd just rock our fucking faces off. A few times he leaned down into the crowd and let some ladies strum his guitar. Since I was right up to the stage, I sometimes couldn't hear his guitar loud enough, but I know it sounded louder farther back in the venue.

Tony was in great form. Voice sounded fine - no remnants of the cold he was fighting. I was kinda iffy on whether I'd dig him doing vocals, having only seen a few YT vids and they weren't always the most flattering sounding. But I walked away impressed. And particularly on "Lights hits the Room", Kevin was lead vox, but Tony's harmonies were spot on! He mentioned Chris Cornell and dedicated "Thanks A Lot" to him. Even jumping down into the crowd during part of the encore.

Arion... dude... Talking with another guy in the crowd and we agreed: he's SORELY missed in 3eb's newer material. His tone and attack on that bass just kicked my ass! During "Thanks", I thought I heard some weird noises coming from somewhere. Look over at Arion to see him kinda fighting with his bass, and sure enough - blew a string! (Top one) He finished the song on 3 strings, somehow managing to still make it sound good! Then Tony was going to play something real fast while he fixed it, but instead Arion just pulls out the back-up bass and tunes that sucker and he's ready to go!

Overall, a great sounding show and a great time. This is what 3eb is supposed to sound like!

Oh, so after the encore, Tony comes back out again and says: (paraphrasing as good as I can remember): "Yeah, that's right, back again! I told you we weren't fucking around! So, we usually don't come back out again but, I feel like I kinda owe ya one. Soo... who wants to hear "Invisible"?! *Cheers*
    So he grabs his acoustic, but it's jacked out of tune. He tries to fix it, but can't get it. "I'm so kicking Arion's ass for breaking my guitar!" So he sees the opener, Brad Ray on the side of the stage and asks to use his guitar! He happily obliges. Thing is, Tony's not familiar with this one. Plugs it in, plug falls out. He's like: "Shit! That's what I get for using someone else's guitar!" Finally gets it all hooked up and we rock out "Invisible".

I'll post my pics and vids shortly. Gotta get them off my phone.

(Part 3)

20170524_214307_016_01.jpg
    Damn: 20170524_220026.jpg
    Don't think it's supposed to do that: 20170524_220033.jpg
    Last edited by Spiff2112; 05-25-2017 at 06:57 PM.

(Part 4)

Da back-up bass: 20170524_220615.jpg
    Tony in the crowd: 20170524_223313.jpg
    20170524_223943.jpg

I am a GIRL
    Tell me you got a video of invisible?
    I'll make do with none, I will blame no one
    Slept on packing foam, I'll make it all my home

Should probably get a hobby everything_starts_fading's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by should_be_working View Post
    Tell me you got a video of invisible?

https://youtu.be/x1k_pVZ-9T4

Uploaded this with no wifi in BFE Indiana, which is why I'm guessing the quality isn't as good as it is o my phone. Better than nothing. The beginning is shaky by both Tony and me, but we got it together once he started playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrox View Post
    Basically I love Stephan's balls and I like to hang from them like a monkey.

Vids:

Jumper - Breakdown, band intros, solo, ending: https://youtu.be/gFx0rH4ZSAk

HIGTB, Kevin's extended outro: https://youtu.be/raYHoPKEvqo

I don't usually do vids, since both audio & vid quality usually sucks and the fact I'd rather just enjoy the moment and not have my arm/phone stuck up in the air that long. Hehehe. But I had to get a couple here at least.

p.s. Damn. I didn't get Invisible. Sorry. I fail at life.

p.p.s Bro above: Dude! I was literally standing right behind and to the left of you!! Awesome you got this! Funny shit - when the plug falls out, that's me with the "buh dump, pish!" LMFAO!!!!
    Last edited by Spiff2112; 05-25-2017 at 07:57 PM.

So look who just liked the latest XEB instagram post...that doesn't happen by accident right? Is something brewing?IMG_5248.jpg
    Last edited by pjdavids; 05-26-2017 at 02:17 AM.

Spiff, you got some great pics! I was at the Ferndale show too. (Front row, blue-haired, between Tony and Arion.) It was awesome! I love small venues because they're so intimate but this was just beyond. Tony obviously cares a lot about connecting with the fans and did so much to make the show special for us. Being up front didn't hurt, as that included him serenading my best friend and closing out God of Wine, in the crowd, with an arm around me

So, I had a fantastic time, obviously. And I was stoked because I had never seen Arion or Kevin play before. They all sounded phenomenal. And it was nice to hear the songs I love without the frontman baggage. Definitely glad I came on here a month ago and decided to make the drive out!
    { Nicola }

The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with.
    - Bruce Springsteen

Should probably get a hobby
    https://youtu.be/slBNMAilSmA - very good version of God of Wine.

I taped the show in Indy last night if anyone is interested.

blot blot western baby
    Quote Originally Posted by ndfan1993 View Post
    I taped the show in Indy last night if anyone is interested.
    Ummm.... yes!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/frg363...B_05252017.mp3

Setlist:

Losing a Whole Year
    Narcolepsy
    Semi-Charmed Life
    Jumper
    Graduate
    How's It Going to Be
    Thanks A Lot (Recording messed up at the beginning of this song/transition from How's...)
    Burning Man
    Good For You
    London
    I Want You
    The Background
    Motorcycle Drive-By
    God of Wine

Encore:

Light that Hits the Room
    Wounded
    1000 Julys

Tony's Encore (Acoustic):

Invisible (I did not get this recorded...)
    Last edited by ndfan1993; 05-26-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pjdavids View Post
    So look who just liked the latest XEB instagram post...that doesn't happen by accident right? Is something brewing?IMG_5248.jpg
    WHOA that is VERY interesting