PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the new site design?

Adam
11-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Well, do ya, punk? If not, use this thread to let me know what you'd change.

jenniferr
11-29-2006, 02:05 PM
i love it! Nothing better than a good ol' color scheme of red white and black...

but if i could change one thing, i'd make the white like background of the forum (i don't know the technical name) a little darker. maybe towards the grey side? just to make it a little easier on the eyes and then the buttons and text boxes would stand out more, etc.just my opinion.

but i am a fan though... good job on the graphics, nat!

EDIT: much better

elle
11-29-2006, 04:53 PM
I posted this in the other thread, but you said this is where you want us to make suggestions.

Can I make a color change suggestion? The red is beautiful (my favorite color in fact) but it is still too bright and hard to read things because it is so vivid... perhaps you could make it a deep maroon color (I think you had that as an accent of the last site). If you make them a darker color then you can keep the type size smaller like the old site.

Other than that, it feels weird to see the site all "bubbly" (which isn't bad, it's just not what I'm use to) but I think it looks great and can't wait to see the other version when you get it done.

jacobvandy
11-29-2006, 06:07 PM
i'd been using the OOTV theme since forever. :(

Adam
11-29-2006, 06:08 PM
I'll try to bring it back, in some form, one day.

Intoxicated Ricochet
11-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Can I make a color change suggestion? The red is beautiful (my favorite color in fact) but it is still too bright and hard to read things because it is so vivid... perhaps you could make it a deep maroon color (I think you had that as an accent of the last site). If you make them a darker color then you can keep the type size smaller like the old site.

My thoughts exactly. Other than that it's great.

Punkadelica
11-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, the red scares me a little but I agree it was time for a change.

Woohoo!

Quinwill
11-29-2006, 07:52 PM
I love it Adam. really a beautiful piece of work done here,
reminds me why im so proud of this place

Adam
11-29-2006, 07:57 PM
I can't really claim too much credit for it. Natalie did the top graphics and the actual "skin" for the forum was designed by somebody else. I just edited a few bits of the layout, made a couple of new images and changed some font sizes. All the credit goes to Natalie and vbmode.com.

Summersun33
11-29-2006, 08:32 PM

ditto, i loved it.

^d00d^
11-29-2006, 11:17 PM
whooo Red name! :D

i'm like a frickin moderator!!

i've been using OOTV a while too so this was like a punch in the face. Pheebs shares my thoughs, the red is a bit edgy. It's cool though.

BD007H
11-29-2006, 11:29 PM

I've been using the Blue scheme for quite a while :sigh:

^d00d^
11-29-2006, 11:37 PM
oh yeah, and just a suggestion, dunno how useful it might be. Could the 'The Village Churchyard' text go to the middle of the graphic header on top? it's beautiful, just seems a bit empty in the middle...

WhatComesNow
11-29-2006, 11:41 PM
I also think all the bright red is a little overwhelming, but besides that, it looks good!

Jamie
11-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Absolutely love it, great job.

sst2
11-30-2006, 01:14 AM
I posted this in the other thread, but you said this is where you want us to make suggestions.

Other than that, it feels weird to see the site all "bubbly" (which isn't bad, it's just not what I'm use to) but I think it looks great and can't wait to see the other version when you get it done.

yeah, same, agree

jenniferr
11-30-2006, 03:05 AM
i love the redddddddddd

jenniferr
11-30-2006, 03:06 AM
oh yeah, and just a suggestion, dunno how useful it might be. Could the 'The Village Churchyard' text go to the middle of the graphic header on top? it's beautiful, just seems a bit empty in the middle...

lol lets not be petty now... functional suggestions are reasonable, but adam didn't even make the graphic. i think you'll live to see another day if the text on the graphic stays the same ;)

crimson~melody
11-30-2006, 03:17 AM
I was told to make the middle blank so that a repeating black bar could stretch to fit any screen resolution.

^d00d^
11-30-2006, 03:49 AM
yeah yeah lol i know it sounded pretty petty.

but like i said, it's beautiful so good job!

Quinwill
11-30-2006, 02:57 PM
I was told to make the middle blank so that a repeating black bar could stretch to fit any screen resolution.

and you did a darn good job! its fantastic looking
i wonder if we;ll get some comments from Tony, cant imagine him not loving it!

Enjoy3eb
12-01-2006, 05:53 AM
Lovely.

Knife In The Water
12-01-2006, 07:53 PM
I love the new top banner, but I'm not the biggest fan of all the red. Still, as long as the site is around, I'm happy.

beagly33
12-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Definite improvement!! Still wish things were a little better separated and organized by headings colors and fonts.

sst2
12-04-2006, 12:50 AM
I like it lots better with the deepened red! :thup: :)

cordial
12-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Uhh so when I originally took the poll I didn't like it as much as the old one. Mostly because of the bright red. But now that a few things are changed around I'd change my vote. I really like it.

tonyrox
12-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Uhh so when I originally took the poll I didn't like it as much as the old one. Mostly because of the bright red. But now that a few things are changed around I'd change my vote. I really like it.

Yeah, I was going to ask, did the red get toned down a little? Because at first I thought it was too much, and now it seems perfect. I wasn't sure if I adjusted to it, or if it was changed.

Adam
12-07-2006, 07:22 PM
I changed it a few days ago, you're not being subliminally influenced into liking the design, don't worry ;)

ordinaryday6
12-08-2006, 07:41 PM
yeah, i think the site looks great, and i'm officially used to it. banner is awesome, nat. :D

Nick.WTST
12-10-2006, 12:31 AM
I don't like it. Call me old time, but I don't like the change at all. Sorry Adam:sigh: