View Full Version : Eyes For You

Adam
09-28-2006, 07:42 AM
Lyrics

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Written by: Stephan Jenkins & Tony Fredianelli

Knife In The Water
12-14-2006, 05:14 AM
Wow, no discussion on this song here yet?

Or is it taboo to discuss or something?

jacobvandy
12-14-2006, 05:40 AM
there was that huge thread about it, not including the one with all the begging for it.

PhilEYoung
03-27-2007, 07:29 AM
where are the lyrics for this song?

Dobbs
08-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Is there somewhere I can hear Eyes For You? I've searched TVCY and 3ebarchive.com, and did a search on the forum here and couldn't find anything.

should_be_working
08-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Is there somewhere I can hear Eyes For You? I've searched TVCY and 3ebarchive.com, and did a search on the forum here and couldn't find anything.

Try looking in this thread
http://www.3eb.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9403

Dobbs
08-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Try looking in this thread
http://www.3eb.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9403

Thanks!! Totally missed that one...

SkimMlk
11-14-2007, 04:39 AM
This song never gets old. I'm really glad we were fortunate enough for Tony to give this to us. Whoever said something about 3eb and labels and trying to get them on an ipod commercial... this would be the perfect song for it, without a doubt.

Menlo Park Rat
11-14-2007, 05:06 AM
Whoever said something about 3eb and labels and trying to get them on an ipod commercial... this would be the perfect song for it, without a doubt.
Yeah, but then they'd have to pay royalties to The Cure.

lighter_boots
11-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Yeah, but then they'd have to pay royalties to The Cure.

Elaborate??

Menlo Park Rat
11-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Elaborate??
There's a reason the song sounds like it's straight out of the 80s.

Listen to The Cure's "Why Can't I Be You?"

lighter_boots
11-15-2007, 12:22 AM
There's a reason the song sounds like it's straight out of the 80s.

Listen to The Cure's "Why Can't I Be You?"

I'm interested in this topic/song and realize that you are closer to the band than I'll ever be, so please humor me.

Stephan once talked about emulating a Police-type sound on this record. They are firmly planted in the '80's, as is The Cure. The worst stuff from the '80's involved synthesizers and hair metal IMO. Up-tempo punk-type guitar driven melodic songs are a constant, right? That's where I hear "Eyes for You" coming from.

Other than SJ just doesn't like it or can't perform the high notes consistently (when has this ever stopped him?) it's just lost on me why this song isn't part of their recording sessions. But at least we have the demo and I'm stoked about that.

Menlo Park Rat
11-15-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm not sure what your question is exactly?

All I'm saying is that the riffs are nearly identical. I'm sure it was purely coincidental/unintended, and nothing else about the tracks are really similar, but the prevalent lead riff that drives both tracks is the same.

lighter_boots
11-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Ultimately, I just want them to use the song.

More specifically, I am listening to the Cure song now, what a great song, btw, I hear some similarity. But I'd say the same about any simple punk guitar riff driven song (and I am no expert in detecting these things).

My question was, why aren't they working on "Eyes"? If you answer is "it's too much like "Why Can't I be you"" then you've already answered.

Thanks either way.

Menlo Park Rat
11-15-2007, 12:54 AM
My question was, why aren't they working on "Eyes"?
SJ shelved it, as far as I know.

SkimMlk
11-15-2007, 01:57 AM
SJ shelved it, as far as I know.

It's a shame when he does that, as I feel that the song's demo take is better than the ever-changing new songs. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but it's a shame the man doesn't go with his first instinct when writing songs.

In short, with some added length (sorry for the play on words), the song would have serious potential as a stand-out song on #4 if he considered it.

missysj276
11-15-2007, 03:01 AM
the song would have serious potential as a stand-out song on #4 if he considered it.

i agree...this is a great song. but i think in comparision with the "newer" (if we can still call them that) songs like bonfire and sharp knife....this song would definitely stand out.

over the past 5 years this "album" has been supposidly going in so many different directions it makes my head spin. who knows...i try not to over-analyze what will/wont be on the new album until it comes out because it's just pointless. i'll just take each song for it is or isn't haha.

Larry
10-29-2009, 11:29 AM
This would be a great song to open Ursa Minor with, IMO. I like how it is short like "Anything", it comes in and rocks your face off and is gone before you even know it was there. Arion's bass is the best part:(

charliehi
02-02-2010, 09:17 AM
I can't get the link listed earlier to work, any help on getting this song? I've never heard it before (my you tube search was fruitless except for a guitar only cover stuck on the end of another 3eb song).

keepbadcompany
05-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Yea the megaupload link is defiantly broken

chago04
05-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Yea the megaupload link is defiantly broken

Yea thats because its over a year old

jacobvandy
05-13-2010, 12:18 AM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tw4jjz

chago04
05-13-2010, 12:54 AM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tw4jjz

thanks for posting this, i meant to go post it, but i forgot to, so now i look like an ass. thanks vandy.

charliehi
07-31-2010, 06:17 AM
well damn now that one is broken too. Anyone mind throwing it back up, I'm stunned I don't have this song. Thanks in advance!

ohcrapitsandrew
07-31-2010, 06:34 PM
Here's a direct link. (http://www.3eb.co.uk/media/audio/demo/05/Third%20Eye%20Blind%20-%20Eyes%20For%20You.mp3)

charliehi
08-01-2010, 12:01 AM
I was unaware this site even had an audio portion, so thanks for the link and even more thanks for pointing me to that section, now its bookmarked.

brenan
02-03-2011, 10:30 AM
holy crap. this song makes me ultra depressed. this song rocks. The music is just absolute a new directions I wish the band had gone, but the band is dead.

Spray Can
12-08-2011, 09:57 AM
I honestly think this song sucks compared to anything from the 1st three albums but here's the lyrics, as those links are kind of time wasters. Also why arent the lyrics online? I put them up on Songmeanings about 30 mins ago.

Mr. Icky little trickster
Sitting on your couch
Well come on over
And tell us all about it
Im in the mood for some company
Want to talk it out
See you all about now
And Im drunk

And what too
Ive got eyes for you
I got eyes for you
I got eyes for you
I got eyes for you

Tell me a little story
The one you told before
Oh darling youre so charming
Yes Im drunk
I said that all before

But Ive got eyes for you
I got eyes for you
I got eyes for you
I got eyes for you
Woohoo

Its true
Its true
Its true
Its true
Its true
Its true
Its true
Its true

Adam
12-08-2011, 12:42 PM
I honestly think this song sucks compared to anything from the 1st three albumsBizarre. To me, it's better than half the stuff on OOTV and some of Blue.

sean...
12-08-2011, 01:43 PM
musically, adam's right; lyrically, spray can's got a case.

LikeaBurningMan
12-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Bizarre. To me, it's better than half the stuff on OOTV and some of Blue.

Absolutely agree.

This was the direction I was hoping 4 was going to take.

This, carnival barker, animal, knife in the water, in the skin.

Could have been great.

brenan
12-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Also why arent the lyrics online?

because the song was never officially released. If DougMcJenkins had his way, we wouldn't even know about this song.

Mac
12-08-2011, 06:14 PM
This was the direction I was hoping 4 was going to take.

This, carnival barker, animal, knife in the water, in the skin.

Could have been great.

Yah, it could of been this great, raw, big sounding, heavy rock record. That would of been ace.

Spray Can
12-09-2011, 02:38 AM
It's way too fast rhythm is my problem with it. It works for something like Anything, because the guitars just sound so good and the lyrics are emotional as can be. The guitars sound muted here. And they're quite boring. The lyrics are also awful compared to anything from the first three albums. From OOTV I'd say that this is on part with the worst stuff. It's just a bland song in my opinion.

And yeah the lyrics arent online because it was unreleased...but we got a studio version right. The lyrics to Lay Back are online for example. Whatever I put them up, waiting for every other lyric site to rip them from songmeanings

sean...
12-09-2011, 05:11 AM
lay back was a live version that's found easily on youtube. eyes for you was a studio leaked and kept exclusively underground for a good long while and is only just barely hitting the normal fan's radar due to youtube.

Spray Can
12-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Hmm alright, well I guess it's pretty pointless to go back and forth on why the lyrics werent posted online before, but yeah I see what you're saying. Scattered and Sorry lyrics are up though...lol.

Um, more importantly, who is actually on this song apart from SJ and Brad? I doubt Kevin had anything to do with this, and the guitarring sounds nothing like Tony either.

The Flicker Fade
12-09-2011, 09:42 AM
It's Tony. I don't know for sure if Arion's on it, but I think so.

Spray Can
12-09-2011, 05:14 PM
I would guess if Tony is then Arion is too. Did KC do New Girl? I'd guess not, as New Girl sounds of the same style as Eyes for You

LikeaBurningMan
12-09-2011, 05:40 PM
New Girl was absolutely Kevin.

Eyes for you was absolutely Tony.

LikeaBurningMan
12-09-2011, 05:40 PM
And Eyes For You is one of the more legit songs this band has ever written.
It blows me away that anyone wouldn't dig this song more than anything off UM.

Adam
12-09-2011, 07:07 PM
I'd guess not, as New Girl sounds of the same style as Eyes for YouSay what?! I think we must be listening to different songs.

Spray Can
12-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Fast paced, muted guitars, short and to the point. None of the higher individual notes KC loved (e.g. on the extended Red Summer Sun, NYLG, etc.)

jacobvandy
12-10-2011, 07:36 AM
That's like saying Skittles and M&Ms are similar candies because they're small, crunchy, and come a few dozen to a bag... While ignoring the fact that one is fruit and one is chocolate.

Spray Can
12-10-2011, 06:36 PM
It's like saying Skittles and M&M's are both similar because they're both candies to the host of a wine and cheese party or the chef at a steakhouse. They have the same feel, and neither of them is in the same league as the music from the 1st three albums.

Adam
12-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Wait..what?

brenan
12-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Wait..what?

I will explain the metaphor:

Spray Can: Jenkins
Skittles: KCad
M&M's: Tony
Wine & Cheese Party: Third Eye Blind Concerts
the Host: Jenkins
Steakhouse: the after party
the Chef: Doug

Skittles and M&Ms will never be served at the Wine & Cheese Party or the Steakhouse because the Host and the Chef are in charge.

Adam
12-10-2011, 09:27 PM
My head hurts.

Spray Can
12-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Dude if brenan got it lickety split I'm sure you can figure it out, just work on it :)

Adam
12-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Or you could just make sense to start with. Yeah, I like mine better.

brenan
12-12-2011, 02:09 AM
Dude if brenan got it lickety split I'm sure you can figure it out, just work on it :)

what are you trying to say?? I aint that dumb

Spray Can
12-12-2011, 12:47 PM
That's the dumb person motto :P

LikeaBurningMan
12-12-2011, 02:48 PM

Spray Can
10-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Finally got the lyrics up on stupid songmeanings. They have some rule where licensed material is checked with TEB first before being posted. Absolutely moronic, in that if it isnt approved, they just post another random song above it. I posted these lyrics on the site a year ago, but they keep reverting to Good For You lyrics...what in the actual fuck. Anyway this thread and that site are the only places online that have the lyric.

It's an unreleased track even, what damn copyright?

Anyway, I put it on the moronic title of I's 4 U to avoid this issue. yeah...

slowmotion7
10-20-2012, 07:26 PM
??? Are you being serious? Being unreleased means nothing in regards to copyrighted material. Aside from that its a pretty good idea to get permission if you want to publish another persons material, ESPECIALLY if it is unreleased.

jacobvandy
10-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Aside from that its a pretty good idea to get permission if you want to publish another persons material, ESPECIALLY if it is unreleased.

Oh? :uhoh:

Ian
10-20-2012, 08:23 PM

haha. wish there was a "like" feature.

slowmotion7
10-20-2012, 09:19 PM

From a business standpoint. Better seeking permission than getting a cease and desist letter.

Spray Can
10-21-2012, 01:00 AM
Honestly, it's unlikely they're still keeping an eye out for this song's lyrics being posted, and if they are, fuck them. It's not like I'm selling copies of the song at Walmart

brenan
10-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Dude there's only two things worse than getting Involved in a land war in Asia.

One of those is a legal battle with Third Eye Blind Inc.

Spray Can
10-21-2012, 09:18 PM
yes. I hope my TVCY or Songmeanings account doesnt get sued. Thanks for the help.