PDA

View Full Version : Carnival Barker

Adam
09-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Please post all discussion regarding "Carnival Barker" here.

Star Crossed Pimp
09-28-2006, 12:50 AM
So I'm a disc jockey. I DJ for a lot of on-campus events here at my University.
Last week toward the end of the event I put Carnival Barker on and just sat in the middle of the room just listening to the song. It was awesome! It is really cool to listen to a song like "Carnival Barker" through really good speakers. There are so many layers and subtle changes in the song that can only be experienced through a set of great speakers.
If you've only listened to these songs through computer speakers or your car stereo, try and find some really good speakers to listen through.

theJazzDJ
09-28-2006, 01:17 AM
The bass in this song is so perfect.

buddymatt
09-29-2006, 12:32 AM
The bass in this song is so perfect.

and that is why arion is so sorely missed....i think it's possible to find competant people to replace on tour and to play the old songs (although the personality might be different, they can probably get the songs sounding fine)...but stuff like this and other stuff we've gotten lately that arion was part of the writing process for....wow

(i assume he was in on writing this song, if not, then...i'm a jackass)

SkimMlk
09-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Well I know that he at least wrote the breakdown bit. But yeah, the bass lines in this song are key. It's cool how the bass is kind of like a lead guitar in a way, sticking out over the guitar.

Summertime Decay
10-02-2006, 06:00 AM
There's just something really cool about the bass in general, it drives the song and has this sort of heaviness to it that carries things along. I think the whole way the song is presented is great, the guitars I think are good too, I like how they're more subtle through most of the verses and then punch through to lead into the chorus. I also like the little piano outro, I think it's a really nice touch.

GandalfeTheBlackNEMESIS
12-20-2006, 08:39 PM
It sounds like an adventure of sound is being shown to you while your on a rollercoaster describing the turns, falls, spins. True music is when you feel the emotion and story of the song without lyrics.

NCdude2k3
12-22-2006, 10:06 PM
carnival barker is my favorite song by third eye blind in a long time. its up there with persephone and dont like me now as the best since 'blue'. it's just a great instrumental. pretty trancelike.

marigold210
05-04-2007, 10:47 PM
where did carnival barker go? i used to be able to listen to it on the myspace page but now its gone..

sst2
05-04-2007, 10:49 PM
where did carnival barker go? i used to be able to listen to it on the myspace page but now its gone..

A world of discovery:
http://www.3ebarchive.com/music/Symphony%20of%20Decay/Third%20Eye%20Blind%20-%20Symphony%20of%20Decay%20-%2004%20-%20Carnival%20Barker.mp3

marigold210
05-04-2007, 10:54 PM
A world of discovery:
http://www.3ebarchive.com/music/Symphony%20of%20Decay/Third%20Eye%20Blind%20-%20Symphony%20of%20Decay%20-%2004%20-%20Carnival%20Barker.mp3

that was quick.. thanks!

ordinaryday6
05-05-2007, 05:40 AM
i think that somewhere in the middle of jumper, during tony and brad's solos, they should just start playing this song.. just for a minute or two.. then continue with the killer solos. that would just be insane!

sst2
05-05-2007, 06:20 AM
i think that somewhere in the middle of jumper, during tony and brad's solos, they should just start playing this song.. just for a minute or two.. then continue with the killer solos. that would just be insane!

Except then you'd have to deal with a mere one or two minutes of Carnival Barker. Like a tease. It hurts.

jacobvandy
05-05-2007, 06:49 AM
so make jumper last 20 minutes!

ordinaryday6
05-05-2007, 06:02 PM
it's a killer tune.. you should so play some of it at the shows. :cool:

sinistersomething
05-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Seconded.

:: DeeperThanBones ::
05-05-2007, 06:26 PM
this song has a space all its own. The guitars- they are some of my proudest moments- tone wise- in all of 3eb. To me as an art piece standing tall with the best of 3eb.

T

T,

The guitars on this song- tone wise - are some of the best ever produced. I definitely gotta give you more Rep for this song. :badger: :badger:

I mean, 2 billion+ Rep points do you know justice at all ;)

Fan For Life!!!!!!

marigold210
05-06-2007, 12:08 AM
i fucking love carnival barker i was hoping there would be lyrics but i like it as a instrumental too. hearing any part of it live for any amount of time would be insane...

SkimMlk
05-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Such a chill song. That'd be awesome if you just played a bit of it during the show or something. How about Stephan writes lyrics and sings it? Or how about the band just tears it a part and Stephan just sits there.

06-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Tried searching, couldn't find anything.

Anyone else notice some mad guitar progressions in the background of CB, or are my ears deceiving me?

The best time to hear it is when it starts up around the 5:22 mark. At first I just thought it was echo/reverb on the chorus chord, but I'm fairly certain now that it isn't. You can also hear it hit a high note around 6:06.

It's a pretty crazy lick!

Transistor
08-14-2007, 07:55 AM
i think lyrics would ruin this

SkimMlk
08-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Didn't Tony say that there were lyrics for a bit of the song? Or that Stephan tried to add lyrics but gave up? I might be mixing this up with another song.

Menlo Park Rat
08-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Didn't Tony say that there were lyrics for a bit of the song? Or that Stephan tried to add lyrics but gave up? I might be mixing this up with another song.
No, you're right. SJ's vocal attempts are what inspired the title.

sprinklerthief
10-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Except then you'd have to deal with a mere one or two minutes of Carnival Barker. Like a tease. It hurts.

this thread is hysterical now.

tonyrox
10-30-2009, 09:43 PM

:wet: Wow that is a bizarre coincidence.

sst2
10-31-2009, 08:03 PM

Ha! I can't believe that was 2 1/2 years ago.

shinglman
12-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Where can I download this album?

ordinaryday6
12-29-2009, 03:28 AM
Where can I download this album?

yes.. because posting it in multiple places will a. get you an answer faster, and b. change the fact that this album is not available.

and for that matter, we already have this song. at least post it in a song thread that we don't have.

Ryan
12-31-2009, 04:31 AM
Well since this thread has been bumped up. Is anyone else with me in that I don't really care if we ever get lyrics to this amazing instrumental. Sometimes if I'm stressed out I just crank this shit loud, close my eyes and get lost in it. Like, for some reason this song to me is almost jam-like and cathartic. Maybe I'm just out of my mind?

TheTippingPoint
12-31-2009, 07:26 AM
Well since this thread has been bumped up. Is anyone else with me in that I don't really care if we ever get lyrics to this amazing instrumental. Sometimes if I'm stressed out I just crank this shit loud, close my eyes and get lost in it. Like, for some reason this song to me is almost jam-like and cathartic. Maybe I'm just out of my mind?

I love to listen to CB and all of Symphony Of Decay when i'm driving home at night as loud as possible-- you know, a nice little cruise:rock:

ordinaryday6
12-31-2009, 08:55 PM

i would be fine with that. in case anyone forgets, it wasn't us who actually brought up stephan finishing this song with lyrics. it was him and arcana.

fuck, i think they should just release the demos they have from 2006 for minor and leave it at that.

but maybe that's just me.

blair kennedy
12-31-2009, 08:58 PM
i would be fine with that. in case anyone forgets, it wasn't us who actually brought up stephan finishing this song with lyrics. it was him and arcana.

fuck, i think they should just release the demos they have from 2006 for minor and leave it at that.

but maybe that's just me.

if that meant we would get arion's bass parts- i'd be all for it

balexcool91
04-17-2010, 04:10 AM

no me too... I listen to Carnival Barker and Knife in the Water and just get lost. It saddens me to listen to them know that tony is out, cause they are pure genius.