Lyrics yada yada yada

chicago
12-06-2007, 11:24 PM
The demoed 2nd verse of higtb:
"the smell of your skin on my sheets before i get dressed
struggles seem more blessed
sand on the concrete floors

...and we are strangers in the future"

These are cool lyrics and shows even back then sj was think bout sand on the concrete floors, that or he recycles lyrics.

Random thoughts...

Masachi
12-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Well, it could be that How's it Going to Be and Can't Get Away are about the same person?

Adam
12-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Highly unlikely unless Stephan is psychic.

brenan
12-07-2007, 02:35 PM
he could be, he did write a song about being a palm reader as his day job...

sst2
12-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Funny, this was my sig a couple days ago. I was singing along to S/T, waiting for the line "struggles seem more blessed", but it obviously didn't come up and I was shocked... Stupid thumbnail scratch. Anyway, I prefer singing a hybrid lyric:

The smell of your skin on my sheets before I get dressed
Struggles seem more blessed
Thereís a silence I canít ignore
Like the hammocks and the doorways we spent time in
Swing empty

TheTippingPoint
12-07-2007, 09:12 PM
I love that verse. Another example of SJ fucking up a song thats already perfect.

Hillary
12-21-2007, 04:33 AM
I practically cry everytime I hear this song. Not because I can relate (I don't want to at the moment), but because the lyrics and guitar are SO PERFECT. My favorite part:

Want to get myself back in again,
The soft dive of oblivion.
Want to taste the salt of your skin
The soft dive of oblivion, oblivion

It's so sad and the emotion was dead on.

Menlo Park Rat
12-21-2007, 07:57 AM
I practically cry everytime I hear this song. Not because I can relate (I don't want to at the moment), but because the lyrics and guitar are SO PERFECT. My favorite part:

Want to get myself back in again,
The soft dive of oblivion.
Want to taste the salt of your skin
The soft dive of oblivion, oblivion

It's so sad and the emotion was dead on.
Welcome to 1998. It's a pleasure having you.

thirdeyeob
12-21-2007, 11:28 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

TheVillageMisfit
12-21-2007, 05:04 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

belle
12-23-2007, 01:26 AM
:lol: classic.

Hillary
12-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Trust me, I'd rather be in '98 than '07.

Menlo Park Rat
12-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I've been missing high school and Dawson's Creek.

Rick_3eb
12-28-2007, 12:38 AM

What a completely erroneous statement now that American Gladiators is coming back.

PUTthePASTaway
12-28-2007, 01:32 AM
What a completely erroneous statement now that American Gladiators is coming back.

:lol:

So true.

Sunburn Worth Saving
05-11-2008, 09:29 AM
In my precious "Third Eye Blind: The Collection" jacket, Stephan says this song is about "looking at someone you're now close to, but realizing someday you're just going to be acquaintances."

In that sense, it reminds me a lot of "The Background" ( I mean, I'm sure they're not linked; it'd be super cool if they were, but they can't be, can they?...), but where I get the feeling "The Background" is the aftermath of a relationship that's gone sour, "Hows it Gonna Be" *could* be about a relationship that is just starting to go downhill...

Someone wrote above me that it could be about the same person "Can't Get Away" is about... I don't know-- but this intrigues me. I thought "Can't Get Away" was about Charlize Theron. As well as "Forget Myself". Both songs *do* have references to "blooming like a rose"... so I don't doubt that at the least they were written about the same person (even if it wasn't Charlize).

I'm going to search this site for posts regarding Theron and Jenkins now, I do believe.

outofthevein03
12-01-2008, 06:09 AM
I was going through my cds and thought I'd post this version, recorded at Q101 (Chicago radio station) on 10-22-97.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibabpk

Edit: Not sure if this was the right place to post this. If not, feel free to move it. Also I have Deep Inside of You from another radio station somewhere on my computer to post later.

Storm
12-12-2008, 06:40 AM
Welcome to 1998. It's a pleasure having you.

It's true the song is 10+ years old, but it doesn't make it any less meaningful.

"Let it Be" by the Beatles in my opinion is one the top 3 greatest songs ever written, and that was 38 years or so ago. :)

Algaliarept[[Fan]]
04-10-2009, 01:33 PM
The Smiths lyrics? Love that song.. never noticed the connection, if that's what ya call it :) but thats awesome. Two of my fave bands.. two of my fave songs..= sex. :P

oh wait just kidding! no connection.. that's your end quote thing... high five though!!! :shifty eyes:

ordinaryday6
04-10-2009, 07:08 PM
wtf.

3AO7SHAWN8371
04-12-2009, 02:26 PM
i love this song....it makes me sad though...i'm almost of high school two and a half more months and everytime i listen to this song i wonder "how's it going to be" when im gone and they are too....ahh sad...anyways still an epic song = ]

Palm_Reader
04-20-2009, 03:45 AM
];328635']The Smiths lyrics? Love that song.. never noticed the connection, if that's what ya call it :) but thats awesome. Two of my fave bands.. two of my fave songs..= sex. :P

oh wait just kidding! no connection.. that's your end quote thing... high five though!!! :shifty eyes:

:confused:

everything_starts_fading
04-20-2009, 04:16 AM
i love this song....it makes me sad though...i'm almost of high school two and a half more months and everytime i listen to this song i wonder "how's it going to be" when im gone and they are too....ahh sad...anyways still an epic song = ]

You won't miss shit about High school once you get to college. Guaran-fuckin-teed

Storm
05-20-2009, 05:35 AM
You won't miss shit about High school once you get to college. Guaran-fuckin-teed

That is true.. to a point.

I didn't miss it, at first. Then things just don't go your way for a while and you miss the days when nothing much was expected of you (highschool) besides showing up.

APhotoInHighSchool
01-31-2010, 09:28 PM
I finally fixed the demo's pitch to match the album version's, instead of it being so drastically higher pitched. (Though I love the sound of both.)

Anyone wants it, let me know.

Mac
01-31-2010, 10:55 PM
I finally fixed the demo's pitch to match the album version's, instead of it being so drastically higher pitched. (Though I love the sound of both.)

Anyone wants it, let me know.

Adam already did that 10 years ago!

:wet:

APhotoInHighSchool
01-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Adam already did that 10 years ago!

:wet:

Really?

Damn it. I thought I was cool. :sigh:

soft dive of oblivion
03-07-2010, 07:08 AM
I love this song! It totally describes that feeling at the end of a break up. Hence my screen name