PDA

View Full Version : Toledo, OH 4/7/03

Jenkinator3eb
04-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Before: We arrived @ the venue an hour and half before doors were to open. We waited in the freezing, cold. I hate Ohio weather. While waiting this radio dj asked the line how far people came to see the show. My friend, Nicky, and I apparently came the farthest(almost 2 hours) So we got to say where we were from on Toledo radio. That was fun, but most importantly I got to sit in a heated van for a good 20 minutes. :) After a while, we saw people getting on and off 3eb's tour bus, so we decided on heading over to the bus. We got a picture with Brad, and he talked about how cold it was. Welcome to Ohio Brad! Then Tony took a picture with a whole group of fans waiting there.

Opening band was called Bliss 66. Not bad, my friend got their cd, so hopefully I'll be able to listen to it soon.

Blinded: I love this song more and more ever time I hear it. Hearing it live is not exception

Anyting: I loved the crowd and band's energy on this song!

Wounded: One of my favorites live still

Narcolepsy: I'm so glad this old song was still on the set list

Danger: Don't remember a whole lot of the song. I liked the chorus

Hit and Run: Stephan said this was about his motorcycle crash back in February(I thought it was December) Some guy in the crowd said F*** that guy, after Stephan said the guy hit and ran..:) Stephan was like ya F*** that guy, Oh, and Stephan got the license plate #.

Crystal Baller: This song has so much energy, I still love it. I got to sing along this time, cuz I know the song so wellStephan said he wanted to nam the album this, but the other guys wouldn't let him...

Palm Reader: Stephan said it was his favorite song. Its definitely one of my favorites. I finally got to hear the end of the song!

Can't get way from you: I don't remember much, I know I liked it though

NLYG

Wake For Young Souls: I couldn't believe they played this!!! Stephan said it was the first time ever they had played this live! The whole song was pretty much the same as the demo, except for maybe one line. It was cool to see all the die hards singing along to the song!

Forget Myself: The line "backstage w/ Sean and Lars" was gone. If I remember correctly the bass line is back

Jumper: Arion came out into the crowd, it was cool
Encore
Good Man: I was waiting all nite to hear this song. I'm so glad they played it.

Should I Stay or Should I Go: Tony sang this! Stephan was going crazy, getting up into the crowd. That was the best time I've heard them cover this
How's It Going To Be
Second Encore
Fans were shouting Third Eye Blind and God of Wine, so they came out for another encore..Motorcycle Drive By

After the show I got one of Stephan's pics, the first 3eb pic I've ever gotten! My friend, Nicky, and her roomie Lisa got one of Arions'

We saw Stephan outside, but one guy was trying to get him back onto the bus cuz it was too cold. I got lots of pictures. I can't wait to see them. I didn't get home till 2am and had to wake for school at 6. But it was well worth it!

Jason
04-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Jenkinator3eb
While waiting this radio dj asked the line how far people came to see the show. My friend, Nicky, and I apparently came the farthest(almost 2 hours) So we got to say where we were from on Toledo radio. That was fun, but most importantly I got to sit in a heated van for a good 20 minutes.

That was you! LOL I was standing right in front of you in line! Which one were you, the one in the beater shirt or the one with the eyebrow ring?

Here's my review.

I arrived a few hours early and just sat in the bar waiting for the 3eb to start sound check. I was suprised there were only like 20 people in the bar and six of them were with bliss 66 and the other half were just there eating and they had no idea who third eye blind was. Anyway I was so stoked I though for sure they were going to kick all of us out for soundcheck, but they didn't. I got to here Can't get away twice and yes I HEARD COMPANY . twice. That song is fucking awesome! After this a crew member came up and said were going to be asking everyone to leave and wait outside and he said there was like already 40 people there. So I decided to rough it outside. I'm not going to go into details about the set list and songs performed because Julia already did that. I was shocked at they removed the "Shawn and Lars" part from forget myself. They keep changing the lyrics to that song. ;) Anyway the show rawked and I had front row right next to tony and stephan! I got a guitar pic from the security guy, but it doesn't say 3eb on it. It's the guitar pic Stephan used on his acoustic guitar. I tried to get a set list, but to no avail. I also met up with David aka TONYROX(from the sj boards) and Brian. THE MEET AND GREET SUCKED! To quote Brian, "It's like the zoo, don't feed the animals, don't touch the animals ... don't touch third eye blind, don't take pictures of 3eb." Or something along those lines. It was like five minutes they signed one item only and took a quick group picture, and then kicked us out. Do NOT but MEET AND GREET TICKETS, just meet the band by the tourbus or in the bar after the show. The meet and greet organizers were real pricks! However the band especially Tony was awesome, Tony said something along the lines that after everyone leaves i'll take some picutres with you guys. I should have stuck around but I didn't I had to catch my ride at 5 in the morning. IT was a great show and I can't wait to see them in Urbana on Saturday(Hopefully).

Jenkinator3eb
04-08-2003, 11:38 PM
My friend was the one in the eyebrow ring. And I was the one in the red sleeve shirt. We got to go in the heated van hehe! Lol.

You heard company how fucking sweet!!!

feelingolder
04-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Here are some of my pictures from the Toldeo show. Photos (http://community.webshots.com/user/feelingolder)

Yusuf
04-15-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by feelingolder
Here are some of my pictures from the Toldeo show. Photos (http://community.webshots.com/user/feelingolder)
Nice pics :)

dirtetimo13
04-18-2003, 09:48 PM
i drove the farthest! Over three hours from Ball State University in Muncie, IN. The show was awesome! The new stuff sounds great, i'll be waiting in line outside Best Buy on May 13th to get OOTV. It was so cool when tony did should i stay or should i go and steve was goin nuts. One of the guys i came with got one of the 3eb picks with steve's sig. on the back , really cool looking if you've never seen one. Anyway, if you have a chance to go to the Within Arms Reach tour, do it, it's well worth it.

-Dyer