PDA

View Full Version : "My Hit And Run" What do you think?

Purplemonkey
12-14-2004, 03:09 AM
Here is copy of a project i just did for school. I were supposed to pick a song that was meaningful to me and analise it then explain why it was meaningful to me. Naturally the first song that came to mind was MDB, but then I was listening to this song and I just saw that this was the perfect one for me to do this project on. I just felt like posting it and getting some people thinking so tell me what you think :confused: :

Title: My Hit and Run
Author: Stephan Jenkins, Tony Fredianelli
Performing Artist: Third Eye Blind

My Hit And Run

Feel the speed through the intersection
Sheets of rain I seek out cars
Hands in gloves grip handlebars

Ride alone to the pub in the dark
I get a little wet but I donít have to park
And the lights start flashing green and red as I ride
A car turns left and I slide
I canít turn back
I make contact
Blinkers smash into mosaic
Then I start flying

Always think we get more time
Now flying through the air
Maybe living maybe dying
In this motor crash it's you who comes to mind
Donít we always wish had more time

Iím thrust slow mo through time and space
Details smash and
I protect my face
And then I see yours
And go to a time when we just knew

Mister death in the car below
Doesn't even slow
And away he goes
In the majesty of a motor crash
You skid into my darkness forming
Sex and death, heartbreak and strife
But I give no warning

Chorus

Here it comes, my hit and run

Come down hard and roll to my feet
And rain washes blood now off concrete
People turn away and I just had to laugh
Cause Iím still flying
Living and dying

Chorus

And Iíd like to thank mister death for what he's done
Cause I got to walk away from my hit and run
Mysteries are not so empty
Cause I saw you
At my hit and run

Background: This song was written about a motorcycle crash Stephan had in 2002. The girl he sees is his ex-girlfriend.

Analysis: This song begins with Stephan riding his motorcycle to the pub. Ya right! He only says heís going to the pub but as he confesses ďÖbut I donít have to parkĒ he is just riding along in the rain. Now, anyone who has ever operated a motorcycle knows that the open road just taunt you to twist that throttle and go faster and faster. So, heís just cruising along when, out of nowhere, a car turns left in front of him. He tries to avoid it, but, again I refer to anyone who has ridden a motorcycle knows that rain + road = slippery, so he start sliding and smacks right into the carís blinker. The bike stops instantly and he goes flying off through the air. While in midair, he doesnít know if he is living or dying ďMaybe living maybe dyingĒ. As he sees possible death coming, he sees the face of his old girlfriend. Now, the only thing he wishes is that he had more time. He has a flash back to old times when they were still together. He doesnít die, but he does get hurt ďAnd rain washes blood now off concreteĒ. In the end, he is thankful for ďMysteries are not so emptyĒ because he now knows that he really loves this girl. So he thanks ďÖmister death for what he's done. Cause I got to walk away from my hit and runĒ. What better way to end the song than with thankfulness for the fact that he lived through a near-death experience and now knows what is truly important to him.

Why are these lyrics meaningful to me? Well, I really loved the way these lyrics really made me think about who would I see if I was in that position. It is defiantly one of those questions that you just canít answer, but they really make you think. This song really impacted me and made me look at life different and start looking for the person who I would see if I were gonna die.

Hope Is A Weapon
12-14-2004, 03:40 AM
...you used "gonna" in a school project?

Purplemonkey
12-14-2004, 03:45 AM
Ya I did. I ain't got no none grammer learnding. LOL I didn't even notice. sry to all those who really care what I get in English. With out you we would all be lost. (Not too much offence) :-)

Menlo Park Rat
12-14-2004, 03:50 AM
Ya I did. I ain't got no none grammer learnding. LOL I didn't even notice. sry to all those who really care what I get in English. With out you we would all be lost. (Not too much offence) :-)
Dude, with grammar like that you aint gonna do too well in English class....or speaking of any kind, for that matter.

Purplemonkey
12-14-2004, 03:57 AM
Dude, with grammar like that you aint gonna do too well in English class....or speaking of any kind, for that matter.
Again sorry all for the spelling. I corrected my project and actually thank you to Hope Is A Weapon (by the way, great name) and for clarification; I was just being a smartass in the 2nd post. Now, please no more griping about my spelling weather or not was trying to be the redneck I really am. All I wanted was some input on a really great song.

Intoxicated Ricochet
12-14-2004, 04:03 AM
How old are you?

chago04
12-14-2004, 04:05 AM
He's 17.

Purplemonkey
12-14-2004, 04:10 AM
He's 17.
Thank you for being the only person who has a brain. Also, I think I should add that this is for my Mass Media class. My teacher is more focused on the ideas rather than the grammer.

Yusuf
12-14-2004, 04:14 AM
Thank you for being the only person who has a brain. Also, I think I should add that this is for my Mass Media class. My teacher is more focused on the ideas rather than the grammer.You mean 'grammar,' certainly.

No wonder so many jobs are being outsourced.

;)

Purplemonkey
12-14-2004, 04:20 AM
You mean 'grammar,' certainly.

No wonder so many jobs are being outsourced.

;)
Ok I giv up. i dOn't reele kare hou bad my speling iz.

3ebfan11
12-14-2004, 04:31 AM
Ok I giv up. i dOn't reele kare hou bad my speling iz.
:no: I honestly believe you should have stuck with a song similar to Motorcycle Driveby. My Hit And Run is one of my least favorite 3eb songs and is vague. Although I haven't had many experiences that 3eb songs revolve around, they are written so well that I get entranced in them. You may relate to the overall basis of My Hit and Run, but you would be better off with a well-written song that you can relate to abstractly (even better directly).

Yusuf
12-14-2004, 04:42 AM
My Hit And Run is one of my least favorite 3eb songs and is vague.It's not vague at all. It's actually one of the most specific and literal 3eb songs.

Purplemonkey
12-14-2004, 04:45 AM
:no: I honestly believe you should have stuck with a song similar to Motorcycle Driveby. My Hit And Run is one of my least favorite 3eb songs and is vague. Although I haven't had many experiences that 3eb songs revolve around, they are written so well that I get entranced in them. You may relate to the overall basis of My Hit and Run, but you would be better off with a well-written song that you can relate to abstractly (even better directly).
This is my last reply for today I got to go finish homework. But I guess I wasn't clear on what I meant. I really liked the way this song got me thinking on who would I see if I was in that position. Yes abolutly, I really love MDB more than this one as a song (lyrics AND beat) but now that I think about this thought I know it isn't a question to answer it is just a question to make you think.
I should be back on sometime mid-week.

P.S. The other songs I was considering:
Prison Song - System of a Down
New Abortion - Slipknot
No Life - Slipknot
Vermillion - Slipknot
Vermillion Pt.2 - Slipknot
The Heritic Anthem - Slipknot
God of Wine - 3EB
MDB - 3EB
Free - Powerman 5000
I Want You - 3EB
Wondering - Good Charlotte

Peace Ya'll and tell me what you think.

Menlo Park Rat
12-14-2004, 04:46 AM
This and the whole thread has collectively been the dumbest thing I've experienced in a long time.

Makes me feel like I've made up for not seeing the Dumb and Dumber prequel, and if only I were just making a cheap joke.

If only.

:lol:

elle
12-14-2004, 05:12 AM
I think you have a pretty shitty taste in music.
Aw Simon, give him a break, he's only 17 and that depressing, angry, kill music is what's popular with the kids these days.

Menlo Park Rat
12-14-2004, 05:22 AM
Wait...I know you....didn't you play the retarded quarterback?

JN3eb
12-14-2004, 05:22 AM
This and the whole thread has collectively been the dumbest thing I've experienced in a long time.

Makes me feel like I've made up for not seeing the Dumb and Dumber prequel, and if only I were just making a cheap joke.

If only.

:lol:

Good thing you didn't see the prequel to Dumb and Dumber---It was the worst thing I have ever seen on film.

It's a shame cause the first one was one of the 2 funniest movies ever. You can tell from my signature what the other one was.

.:::.Gorgeous.:::.
12-14-2004, 06:32 AM
Aw Simon, give him a break, he's only 17 and that depressing, angry, kill music is what's popular with the kids these days.
:wet: Not with me its not. :no:

Hope Is A Weapon
12-14-2004, 07:03 AM
:wet: Not with me its not. :no:
but you're from another planet...DUH :D

tonyrox
12-14-2004, 07:08 AM
but you're from another planet...DUH :D

Australia?

3SeJbfan
12-14-2004, 08:22 AM
but guys, he is from Colorado, he is cool in my book just on that notion. :)

WhatComesNow
12-14-2004, 08:45 AM

Oh yeah. That's all we kids ever listen to. We have no ears for good music such as 3EB, in fact I don't even listen to them. I'm just a forum troll, and I only listen to Good Charlotte and Hillary Duff.

Hope Is A Weapon
12-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Australia?
yup
kangaroos=aliens

Adam
12-14-2004, 09:13 AM
Surely if you just handed in the lyrics to the song that would be enough? I mean, he basically spells it out for the listener...

chago04
12-14-2004, 10:18 AM
Oh yeah. That's all we kids ever listen to. We have no ears for good music such as 3EB, in fact I don't even listen to them. I'm just a forum troll, and I only listen to Good Charlotte and Hillary Duff.

:drool: hillary duff

jenniferr
12-14-2004, 05:13 PM

:angry: not true!!!... we kids listen to simple plan and lindsay lohan, too!

now thats good music.

silas
12-14-2004, 05:52 PM
:angry: not true!!!... we kids listen to simple plan and lindsay lohan, too!

now thats good music.

Lindsay Lohan sings? :confused:

tonyrox
12-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Lindsay Lohan sings? :confused:

Yeah, don't you know the rule that anyone that's young and attractive can natually sing and should therefore be releasing albums to brain-dead tweens.

peltierc
12-14-2004, 06:40 PM
By the way, the lyrics 'get a little wet but don't have to park' is refering to the ability to park very easily with a motorcycle versus driving around finding a spot with a car.

The first part of your analysis is way off, but the rest is good. Go with what you know.

peltierc
12-14-2004, 06:41 PM
And one more thing. Do you find it interesting that the one who comes to mind is someone that he no longer has or can have?

rebelmoon
12-14-2004, 06:45 PM
ok..so, first off i would like to applaud the fact that you used a 3eb song for a school project..my sister and i worked on a project together a few years back for her masters degree that used slow motion, and stephan himself helped us out with it!! he seemed very honored that we chose one of his songs so i know he would be proud of you as well! the whole structure/grammar thing did bother me a bit, and since you asked for some opinions i would be slacking if i didn't mention it. and imo if a teacher didn't look at grammar while determining a grade, they would not be doing a good job! now that that is out of the way ...on to content....im not sure how ling this project was supposed to be but i think you did state your feelings fairly well...i was always the wordy one in school so i had no problem meeting the 7,8,9 or so on page min...if you had asked our feelings on the project before you handed it in i would have advised using mdb over my hit and run for sooo many reasons.i feel as though the paper would have benefited from a different chioce of song...something to think about for next time! being that you like 3eb and stephans style you must know what good writting looks and sounds like so dont be afraid to use that to your advantage. get in touch with your "inner writer" and have fun with it. (that last remark was intended to be cheesy btw so lets not go crazy now!!) maybe if you had provided us with a lil more info on the specifics of the paper....eg. length, rational, etc, we would ahve be able to help more..let us know what your teacher thought ..cause i'm curious!!

Sean
12-14-2004, 06:51 PM
ok..so, first off i would like to applaud the fact that you used a 3eb song for a school project..my sister and i worked on a project together a few years back for her masters degree that used slow motion, and stephan himself helped us out with it!! he seemed very honored that we chose one of his songs so i know he would be proud of you as well! the whole structure/grammar thing did bother me a bit, and since you asked for some opinions i would be slacking if i didn't mention it. and imo if a teacher didn't look at grammar while determining a grade, they would not be doing a good job! now that that is out of the way ...on to content....im not sure how ling this project was supposed to be but i think you did state your feelings fairly well...i was always the wordy one in school so i had no problem meeting the 7,8,9 or so on page min...if you had asked our feelings on the project before you handed it in i would have advised using mdb over my hit and run for sooo many reasons.i feel as though the paper would have benefited from a different chioce of song...something to think about for next time! being that you like 3eb and stephans style you must know what good writting looks and sounds like so dont be afraid to use that to your advantage. get in touch with your "inner writer" and have fun with it. (that last remark was intended to be cheesy btw so lets not go crazy now!!) maybe if you had provided us with a lil more info on the specifics of the paper....eg. length, rational, etc, we would ahve be able to help more..let us know what your teacher thought ..cause i'm curious!!
Was the project she did for her masters degree a thesis? If so, is there any way that I could get ahold of it to read? (It should be publically available at the university if it was a thesis).

tracluvs3eb
12-14-2004, 06:55 PM
ok..so, first off i would like to applaud the fact that you used a 3eb song for a school project..my sister and i worked on a project together a few years back for her masters degree that used slow motion, and stephan himself helped us out with it!! he seemed very honored that we chose one of his songs so i know he would be proud of you as well!

Can you please expand on the "stephan himself helped us out with it" part.

rebelmoon
12-14-2004, 07:25 PM
the masters project was a thesis....i would have to ask her where to get a hold of it!! and to expand upon the "stephan himself helped us out" comment my sister and i were able to get a hold of 3eb management with our idea for the thesis (they are the coolest people...very professional) and they/stephan loved the idea and agreed to help us out in any way ..which lead to a copy of the lyrics to slow motion being licenced to us for reprinting purposes and my sister and i flew to san fran to meet with stephan for an interview!! it was more like a conversation than an interview by the time it was over..we talked about a variety of subjects that were then used in the paper!!

JayDogg3eB83
12-14-2004, 08:02 PM
..which lead to a copy of the lyrics to slow motion being licenced to us for reprinting purposes and my sister and i flew to san fran to meet with stephan for an interview!! it was more like a conversation than an interview by the time it was over..

Man, I could only dream of something like that...

Hope Is A Weapon
12-14-2004, 08:21 PM
how did she end up doing on the thesis?

rebelmoon
12-14-2004, 08:46 PM
how did she end up doing on the thesis?

the thesis turned out wonderfully....stephan enjoyed it too!! he says he still has it!! she is currently working on her phd, through a distance learning course at a school in san fran...so she and i get to visit the city every few months to check in with her prof.!! well she gets to go and i so selflessly accompany her so she doesn't have to travel alone!!

JeffWichman
12-14-2004, 10:08 PM

Agreed.

I would have done something that isn't so straight-forward / cut and dry.

Sean
12-14-2004, 10:55 PM
the masters project was a thesis....i would have to ask her where to get a hold of it!!
Could you check into the possibility of making it available online? I'd love to read the thesis. What was the masters degree she was pursuing?

MartyHolland
12-15-2004, 12:39 AM
This is my last reply for today I got to go finish homework. But I guess I wasn't clear on what I meant. I really liked the way this song got me thinking on who would I see if I was in that position. Yes abolutly, I really love MDB more than this one as a song (lyrics AND beat) but now that I think about this thought I know it isn't a question to answer it is just a question to make you think.
I should be back on sometime mid-week.

P.S. The other songs I was considering:
Prison Song - System of a Down
New Abortion - Slipknot
No Life - Slipknot
Vermillion - Slipknot
Vermillion Pt.2 - Slipknot
The Heritic Anthem - Slipknot
God of Wine - 3EB
MDB - 3EB
Free - Powerman 5000
I Want You - 3EB
Wondering - Good Charlotte

Someone send this guy Persephone so he can analyse it.

:cheeky:

Dionysus55
12-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Yeah, I'd basically say what the others said, that you just chose a song that doesn't really have room for interpretation. And well, it just wasn't very interesting. Possibly because it was so cut and dry.

And as for trying to find meanings worthy for an entire essay in a Slipknot or Good Charlotte song, I'd say that'd be somewhat futile, but for all I know "People = Shit" might be about fucking Baudelaire or something.

.:::.Gorgeous.:::.
12-15-2004, 02:04 AM
yup
kangaroos=aliens
What is it with you people and kangaroos? :angry:

:cheeky:

Purplemonkey
12-15-2004, 02:54 AM
Ok, in response to you mainly, rebelmoon, (Don't know about all those commas I just used) the whole point of the project ( I got it back today and will tell in a sec.) was to use a song that was meaningful to me. By "meaningful" she meant that I should find one that had an impact on my life. I think this is a good time to confess that I only got the CD 3 weeks ago. I chose this song because it really made me think. WHO would I see if I were in that position? That just got me thinking and because when my mind gets going on something like that, I just keep going. I was really nice to all my friends and I still am even more. Also, what really magnified the impact it had on me was that, on Tues. 12/7/04, a kid from school (Name I will not mention in respect to his family, but if you know who it is PLEASE use you descretion and don't post it) commited suicide in our parking lot. That really set a somber mood for the week. And another thing is that on that day, I broke up with my girlfriend and so that sucked, but we're cool now. So that is my reasoning for the choice I made and now onto the grade I got.
First of all, I got a perfect score, but my teacher really didn't say too much ( we were in the middle of finals (only two more days and then break!) so she didn't want anyone talking). What little she did say was that she liked it and agreed with me in the fact that we all should think about it and live life like we won't get more time.

Now I must address the topic of people complaining about my music choice. Those were just some of the songs I could think of. And if you are not into the anti-conformity thing like Slipknot that is your perogitive (sp?) I should also say that I listen so a wide variety of music. I won't lisen to Hilary Duff or Lindsay Lohan YUCK! But back to my topic, if you are into the "fuck you! you hipocrit!" go check out the lyrics to "The Heritic Anthem" by Slipknot. While you are there, I also stronly recommend checking out the Vermillion and Pt.2 lyrics. It is sad.
Well I really like hearing from all of you. Keep this thread going I want poeple to share their thoughts. Also, don't make fun of Australians, my friend is ther as an exchange student and she says they are alright.

Hope Is A Weapon
12-15-2004, 02:59 AM
Also, don't make fun of Australians, my friend is ther as an exchange student and she says they are alright.
I assure you, I only have love for the Australians. Don't lose sleep over it.

Purplemonkey
12-15-2004, 03:06 AM
I assure you, I only have love for the Australians. Don't lose sleep over it.
I wasn't accusing you, just I'm still in the "Love one another" mood in light of last week's suicide. Kid's are so mean sometimes. They shouln't push others to that limit of feeling like the need out through death. It really make me mad. I'm sure you were not being an ass, I just feel like we should be a nicer world and less hostal (sp?). Who cares if you spill hot coffee on youself, don't sue McDonalds for you being stupid.

MartyHolland
12-15-2004, 03:33 AM
Now Playing
Amour - Rammstein ( I know they are nazi

Of all the dumbass things you've posted, this has to rank in the top three.

I'm still in the "Love one another" mood

Yet you make a racist remark like that? Not all Germans are, or even were, Nazis.

Have some negative rep points, free of charge.

The Flicker Fade
12-15-2004, 03:43 AM
http://www.r0x0rz.org/upload/shadowalker/TVCY/pa%20thread.jpg

;)

that's not too big, is it?

Purplemonkey
12-15-2004, 04:15 AM
Of all the dumbass things you've posted, this has to rank in the top three.

Yet you make a racist remark like that? Not all Germans are, or even were, Nazis.

Have some negative rep points, free of charge.
Sorry it cut off the rest, but i went on to say that I know they are nazis and even though I don't agree with their lyrics, I love their beat. So does everyone here only listen to 3EB? It sounds to me like none of you have heard and other music. I think it is you, the people who critisize others of things you don't even know about, who make this a hostil world. Also, I NEVER said anything about all germans being nazis. You took that right out of you ass. I am 1/2 german and I love my black/mexican friends. You need to just shut up if you keep saying ignorant shit!
P.S. If you do not fall in this catogory, you are fine with me and WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THAT CARTOON?!?

Menlo Park Rat
12-15-2004, 04:34 AM
Sorry it cut off the rest, but i went on to say that I know they are nazis and even though I don't agree with their lyrics, I love their beat. So does everyone here only listen to 3EB? It sounds to me like none of you have heard and other music. I think it is you, the people who critisize others of things you don't even know about, who make this a hostil world. Also, I NEVER said anything about all germans being nazis. You took that right out of you ass. I am 1/2 german and I love my black/mexican friends. You need to just shut up if you keep saying ignorant shit!
P.S. If you do not fall in this catogory, you are fine with me and WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THAT CARTOON?!?
Ok, honestly...

Group question.

Does this guy seem for real to you? I don't think so anymore...

Opinions?

Purplemonkey
12-15-2004, 04:39 AM
Huh? What do you mean? I would be happy to clarify... Anyone got questions go ahead and PM me.
Sorry if I am misunderstood I have problems getting thoughts out of my mouth. It is even worse for me to get it out on the computer. (yes, I am blond so don't ask that question) Again, sorry if there was any confusion and I will only be on for 15 more min. then I should be back tomorow so go ahead and ask.

Purplemonkey
12-15-2004, 04:42 AM
Surely if you just handed in the lyrics to the song that would be enough? I mean, he basically spells it out for the listener...
Adam, If you check post #44, you will get an explanation of why I used this song over MDB <--still my fav.

The Flicker Fade
12-15-2004, 04:45 AM
Ok, honestly...

Group question.

Does this guy seem for real to you? I don't think so anymore...

Opinions?

I don't particularly care if he's real or not, he's managed to offend just about everyone (including gross affronts to the English language) in a span of like 8 posts.

Asked & answered, s'all.

Menlo Park Rat
12-15-2004, 04:49 AM
I don't particularly care if he's real or not, he's managed to offend just about everyone (including gross affronts to the English language) in a span of like 8 posts.
No, I'm seriously intrigued now though....there's no way this is a real person.

Purplemonkey
12-15-2004, 04:56 AM
Whatever, if you want to know, I'm only 17 and really don't want to offend anybody, but if you take it that way that's alright. How have I offended everyone? Sorry to all. Aslo, I really don't care why you tow little pee-ons (Menlo Park Rat & The Flicker Fade) really care how good my english is.

Purplemonkey
12-15-2004, 04:57 AM
I meant TWO not "tow" so don't even start.

chago04
12-15-2004, 04:58 AM
Whatever, if you want to know, I'm only 17 and really don't want to offend anybody, but if you take it that way that's alright. How have I offended everyone? Sorry to all. Aslo, I really don't care why you tow little pee-ons (Menlo Park Rat & The Flicker Fade) really care how good my english is.
goodbye.

bmllmn99
12-15-2004, 05:06 AM
WOW...
Maybe he should just settle himself down, do a little proofreading while angrily pounding on the keyboard! Maybe if you really want to make him mad just kill this thread instead of us continuing to discuss it like he hoped!

The Flicker Fade
12-15-2004, 05:09 AM
Well whatever, it's over. I try not to get involved in these things but for some reason I did in this case. I regret it already. Blech. :thdown:

Never have been any good at closing chapters in my life.

silas
pee-ons

:wet:

Just look at it. It works on so many levels. ;)

Yusuf
I meant TWO not "tow" so don't even start.I'm sure you mean 'also' instead of 'aslo,' as well.

Is it really that hard?

blisstheabyss
12-15-2004, 05:30 AM
damn, he got banned before i could reply.

bad grammar and general ignorance doesn't offend me, really, i just think it's funny. i definitely don't have any problem with him writing a paper over 'my hit & run'. it's his paper and his choice of song, so whatever he chooses is really his business. he didn't really dig into any real interpretations of the song, but it's junior level english we're talking about and he's not charles dickens.

i was thinking about grammar and how tough it must be to be an english teacher these days. can you imagine how much internet lingo must be spilling into the schools? how many papers do you think teachers see with "LOL" or "sry" or "ur" in them? that would be maddening. anyway, why the hell don't people proofread anymore? if you have a record of bad grammar, wouldn't you proofread everything? i can't figure it out.

lastly, accusing people of not knowing about other music while referencing slipknot is kind of funny. that doesn't exactly make you eclectic.

Menlo Park Rat
12-15-2004, 05:34 AM
I just couldn't believe he was that stupid and was simply trolling.

blisstheabyss
12-15-2004, 05:57 AM
it was truly impressive.

rebelmoon
12-15-2004, 06:24 AM
Could you check into the possibility of making it available online? I'd love to read the thesis. What was the masters degree she was pursuing?

oddly enough..it was a masters of social work..if you read the thesis it all makes sence though...i tried for about an hour earlier to locate the paper online but unfortunately i couldnt for the life of me find the damn thing...the next time i talk to her i will ask if she knows how to get a hold of it online! i think she would be very happy that someone was interested in reading it!

tonyrox
12-15-2004, 06:44 AM
yup
kangaroos=aliens

Any animal that can box might as well be an alien in my book.

Hope Is A Weapon
12-15-2004, 07:11 AM
Any animal that can box might as well be an alien in my book.
those pouches are quite suspicious as well...

APlaneTookOff
12-15-2004, 07:43 AM
can we just take this moment to say that my hit & run is one of the most kickass songs Stephan has ever written (wrote? my bad)??

all you "haters" need to "step off" and realize "whassup"

no seriously, i love the song. it's captivating.

WhatComesNow
12-15-2004, 08:51 AM

Yeah. Who would even dare to mess with a Space Invaders/Asteroids Champion, let alone a guy with Darth Vader as his avatar.

MartyHolland
12-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Sorry it cut off the rest, but i went on to say that I know they are nazis and even though I don't agree with their lyrics, I love their beat.

Chances are, if you can't handle lyrics in English (or the English language in general for that matter) and manage to misinterpret a song like My Hit And Run, you have no chance of understanding German lyrics; let alone any deeper meaning they may have.

So does everyone here only listen to 3EB? It sounds to me like none of you have heard and other music.

That is so wrong on so many levels I don't know where to begin.

I am 1/2 german and I love my black/mexican friends.

That's funny... I'm quarter Scottish, something lame like a sixteenth Belgian, and my Grandad is The Pope.

You need to just shut up if you keep saying ignorant shit!

You ever notice how some people give the best advice, but can never take it themselves?

And the retard gave me negative rep points. :deadpan:

Menlo Park Rat
12-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Yeah. Who would even dare to mess with a Space Invaders/Asteroids Champion, let alone a guy with Darth Vader as his avatar.
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

:rolleyes:

in_the_background
12-15-2004, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=APlaneTookOff]can we just take this moment to say that my hit & run is one of the most kickass songs Stephan has ever written (wrote? my bad)??

all you "haters" need to "step off" and realize "whassup"

no seriously, i love the song. it's captivating.[/QUO

I will back you up on this one and then I'm moving on from this thread- It is a most kickass song! My fave on OOTV...

silas
12-15-2004, 03:58 PM
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

:rolleyes:

Man, I don't know, but given the things he pointed out I wouldn't fuck with you either. The exact reasoning is intangible, I think.

;)

Hope Is A Weapon
12-15-2004, 05:54 PM
"Um, Daniel, I think the back of your truck is on fire...I was gonna pour some water on it, but I was really tired man...Goodnight."
-My friend Patrick (via cellphone at 4:00am est THIS MORNING)

can we please get the full story behind this?

David Charles
12-15-2004, 06:40 PM
I just have to say here that this messageboard has some of the most diverse musical tastes in it. For him to say that we only listen to 3eb just shows how ignorant this person is.

raidenman
12-15-2004, 07:11 PM
No, I'm seriously intrigued now though....there's no way this is a real person.

Must be an alien.

From Australia!

But I didn't know kangaroos could type...Hmmm, there's a quandry for ya...Hmmm...

silas
12-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Must be an alien.

From Australia!

But I didn't know kangaroos could type...Hmmm, there's a quandry for ya...Hmmm...

I have a friend who once owned a red kangaroo, it was massive and kicked the shit out of me once when I tried to get it to eat m&m's. Afterwards it would give me the evil eye whenever I passed by. Since that day, I've harbored deep resentments for the horrible creatures, but I must say, it's balls were HUGE :uhoh:

Hope Is A Weapon
12-15-2004, 09:22 PM
I have a friend who once owned a red kangaroo, it was massive and kicked the shit out of me once when I tried to get it to eat m&m's. Afterwards it would give me the evil eye whenever I passed by. Since that day, I've harbored deep resentments for the horrible creatures, but I must say, it's balls were HUGE :uhoh:
you still haven't told us the story behind your truck being on fire dude

12-15-2004, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I'd basically say what the others said, that you just chose a song that doesn't really have room for interpretation. And well, it just wasn't very interesting. Possibly because it was so cut and dry.

And as for trying to find meanings worthy for an entire essay in a Slipknot or Good Charlotte song, I'd say that'd be somewhat futile, but for all I know "People = Shit" might be about fucking Baudelaire or something.
:wet: :wet:

For some reason I found that last sentence funnier than shit.

in_the_background
12-15-2004, 10:54 PM
you still haven't told us the story behind your truck being on fire dude

:yes: yeah, I was wondering the same thing...