View Full Version : 3EB In KC

th13182
06-18-2003, 09:10 AM
WOW! Very good show tonight. Good, energized crowd. Here we go (as I remember):

Blinded
Anything
Wounded
Narcolepsy
Crystal Baller (Wnated to name the album after this song....)
Palm Reader (that one precious song off every album)
Wake For Young Souls (Old song, found on internet)
Losing A Whole Year
Can't Get Away (about my ex girlfriend.......also got the can i kick it?)
Motorcycle Drive By (Radio DJ requested it this morning)
Danger
I Want You (Promised some fan he'd play it)
Never Let You Go (Sold to the Rolling Stones??? But they didn't use it?)
Forget Myself (About bad behavior....OK about my ex girlfriend)
Graduate
Jumper

Slow Motion (Stephan only)
Semi Charmed

God of Wine

Comments:
3EB sure is becomming an excellent live band. Stephan and co.were in 'fun' mode tonight. During 'Graduate' Stephan was bouncing the tamborine off the stage and running around like a kid. I've seen this band 5 times and when they are in this mood they are THE best!!!

My first show after OOTV and WOW these songs come to life! Cant Get Away, Danger, Forget Myself, Palm Reader and Crystal Baller all blew me away.

Stephan's vocals were very clear and the acoustics were great IMO.

Very cool venue to see a show (Uptown Theatre). I liked all the sculptures and artwork, seemed very 3EB..

Stephan said "good tip" to a fan holding up a sign, did anyone catch what the sign said?

Brad is a phenomenal drummer!

'Anything' rocks live, I love the stop and go, up and down of it.

'Jumper' was particularly awesome tonight. Stephan did the angry voice very well today. And I love Arion's hard bass line they add to the live version.

I had an absolute blast and hope everyone who was there did as well.

So long,
Tim

joesaiditstrue
06-18-2003, 09:46 AM
Great review man! Couldn't have said it better myself (If I had actually been there, I mean).

I hope they're just as exhuberant at the St. Louis show, on Thursday.

Man, I'm excited.

misfyt
06-18-2003, 02:36 PM
Never Let You Go (Sold to the Rolling Stones??? But they didn't use it?)

what the hell that means???

Forget Myself (About bad behavior....OK about my ex girlfriend)

About bad behavior :angel: .... OK :angry: about my ex girlfriend :D ..... :lol:

th13182
06-18-2003, 09:13 PM
yeah, i wanted to touch on that.

so before the song Stephan says 'who wants to hear a drinking song?' Crowd cheers. Then he says this is a song we wrote for the Rolling Stones but they gave it back to us because they are rich and sell tickets for $200 and don't need our song. So we'll play it!! Then they ripped into NLYG.

Does anyone know anymore about that story.

one_girl
06-18-2003, 09:13 PM
Yeah, great review. I loved how Stephan kept claiming the song was about something else and then would be like "Just kidding, this one's about my ex-girlfriend too."
They were most definitely in fun mode. Tony was bouncing around all over the place and making those crazy faces that he makes. (I loved the trucker hat!)
Where was everyone standing? I was very front against the gates, right in front of Tony. Also right in front of the speakers...my hearing is still a bit fuzzy.
I was really glad that they played WFYS, it was amazing to hear it live. They crowd went nuts when they played MDB...as can be expected I suppose. It had been almost a year since I've seen them last, and it's nice to see them back in smaller venues. It's amazing how many 3eb fans come out of the woodwork even in the Midwest. We got there like 2 hours before the doors opened and there was already a line. (Although the 2 guys behind me in line were really cool, I enjoyed their company quite a bit, especially when the one guy threw down the radio station's tshirt down in the street. :lol: )
All in all, a great show. But did anyone else notice the really drunk, pushy 40 year old woman who kept trying to push her way to the front? If I wasn't in such a good mood, I would have been tempted to punch her in the face!

Edit: About the Rolling Stone thing, Stephan said something about the Rolling Stones being old and boring and how they're all knights so they didn't need the song. But then he said if they came to the US they'd all be Republicans, so I think he may have been talking out of his ass.

Pylda
06-19-2003, 07:13 AM
He said something to that effect at the Dallas show as well. I wasnt sure exactly what he was talking about either. In fact right before NLYG I think they play like 20 secs of a Rolling Stones song. Not sure which one though.

PS - I saw the Stones at Wembley Stadium in London a few years back. Might just have been the greatest concert experience of my life. Until.......I saw 3EB Sunday night here in Dallas, of course.

Matt
06-21-2003, 04:56 PM
Stephan said "good tip" to a fan holding up a sign, did anyone catch what the sign said?

It said "London"

Matt
06-23-2003, 05:16 AM
he didnt say "sold to the rolling stones" he said, "stole from the rolling stones" apparently they ripped it off of some RS song because the RS dont play it anymore so they dont need it, and theyre rich anyway.

Matt
07-02-2003, 05:57 AM
Lou Reed surely? :confused:

No, he did say Rolling Stones. I'm not sure either, i thought it was a Lou Reed rip off too.