PDA

View Full Version : 5/20 Pittsburgh, PA

gchild320
05-21-2003, 11:52 PM
So my friend and I arrived at the Metropol in the strip at about 5 or 5:15. There were about 25 people already in line (an hour and a half before the doors open) and we got there just before 3eb's tour bus pulled up. When it did, Arion got off almost immediately, followed shortly after by Tony, and then Brad a few minutes later. It's kind of weird though, since we never saw SJ get off the bus. Tony talked to people and took pictures and whatever...he seemed to be the most interested in the fans.

Once the doors were opened, we sprinted through the venue to get the first row...which we did. Front center baby! Stagga Lee (white rapper) was supposed to open for 3eb, but did not for some odd reason that I never found out. Instead, we got an acoustic act of Josh Kelley, which turned out to be quite a good thing. His band wasn't there, just his bassist, and they jammed out for a while. 3eb came on shortly after nine, and opened up with blinded, then anything. I really can not remember the order of the songs, but I can remember which ones were played, so I'll do it just like other people have done in the past.

Self Titled:
Losing A Whole Year
Narcolepsy
Semi-Charmed Life
Jumper
Graduate
I Want You
Motorcycle Drive By

Blue:
Anything
Wounded
Never Let You Go
Slow Motion

Out of the Vein:
Blinded
Forget Myself
Crystal Baller
My Hit and Run
Can't Get Away
Wake For Young Souls
Palm Reader
Good Man

Other notes:
Stephan talked about how "this was good" over and over again...he seemed to be a little drunk, but not bad at all. He was saying "this is good" in reference to the Tonight Show being "bad," explaining how they couldn't ever perform on television. He then said, "I'm glad we had this talk," as if he were our father giving us the old sex and drugs talk. Stephan did not wear shoes...glad there weren't any stray nails on the stage. They didn't do Faster (which I EXPECTED...but I'm kind of glad they didn't). I was really hoping that they'd play How's It Gonna Be, and they didn't. But I forgive them!

Now for some simple math:
I Want You = incredible.
Can't Get Away live = A whole different song.
Anything = Underrated.
Semi-Charmed Life + Stairway to Heaven = Lots of engergy.
(Motorcycle Drive By + I want You) - (God of Wine + The Background) = Incomplete!
Third Eye Blind at the Metropol on 5/20 = Immaculate.

noodlelegs
05-22-2003, 04:34 AM
Yea the show was great. I was literally the only person who knew all the words to all the new songs though...which surprised me.

Stephan definitely apologized for kind of sucking on Leno.

People were shouting for Slow Motion, and it was great when he played it for the last encore.

Anyone else get annoyed by the 3 bodyguards up front. One was like staring down stephan a lot, which i thought was wierd. he did other wierd stuff too.

LetsGoMountaineers
05-22-2003, 05:10 AM
Grrr.... I wish I didn't get sick or I would have been front and center throwing them copies of my CD. :D I would have been shouting out every word too!

FarFromReal
05-24-2003, 08:07 PM
That show was awesome, never been to metropol, but it was amazing. I met tony, brad, and arion. Arion was soo cool, he talked to us for a while. The picture with him didn't come out, but the one with brad did. GChild, I think I saw you there, were you wearing a blue shirt? Did anyone notice that they spelled pittsburgh wrong on the shirts, they forgot the H?

gchild320
05-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Yes, I was wearing a blue shirt! :) Who were you?

FarFromReal
05-25-2003, 09:03 PM
I was wearing a grey shirt, dirty blond spikey hair, we were standing by the door, and by the bus. There were like 5 of us, It was funny you walked by and kinda gave me this look, and you were going around the building, looking to see whats up. You looked familiar from your icon pic I guess. I was gonna shout GChild, but I didn't want a "BestCubsFan" incident repeat.

gchild320
05-26-2003, 01:19 AM
Oh wow, I have noooooo clue! Maybe if I saw a pic of you now I'd be able to remember...

funeti
11-05-2003, 07:38 PM
It's not fair, I wanna see this concert sooo bad, I love Third Eye Blind & Josh Kelley has just blown me away, I love em both, but the tours not comin' to L.A. :bigcry: :sigh: that make me sad, at least I can listen to all the talk bout it & imagine I was their, :yes:
If you guys liked Josh Kelley you should check out Smallville on 11/12 (he's gonna perform on there) I heard from my freind who interns at Universal.

--Thanks for the memories :heart: (hehehehe....)
---- Im gonna go dream bout it know :sleep:

Adam
11-05-2003, 07:47 PM
Is it just me or does that post seem very out of place?

Adam
11-05-2003, 07:49 PM
And surprisingly of the two posts funeti has made both mention Josh Kelley and internships at Univeral. The mind boggles.