PDA

View Full Version : May 17th--DC101 Chili Cookoff

dabeesh
05-18-2003, 02:42 AM
Alright so it's not really during the WAR tour but...this is the most appropriate place to post this.

We got there right as Cold was finishing, and Saliva was next, so we were in the crowd. Does that band have a song where they DON'T sing "cuz I'm a FUCKIN SUPASTA! SUPASTA!" then yell "WASH-ING-TON"? Cuz by the third song I was about scream. There were about 10 people super into them, and the lead singer was like "THIS CROWD FUCKING ROCKS! NO ONE HAS EVER BEEN SO INTO US BEFORE! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" then does this whole pro-war speech. Too bad its over. So fucking bite my ass. 3eb was next, so our plan was to just rush the stage after. Except my sister started blacking out, so we had to go to the first aid station. Thanks if any of you helped. So the EMT was like "sit, drink some water, and get something sugary when you leave." I rushed and bought her some lemonade, and right as 3eb started we rushed back to the pit. And made our way to the front. Everyone around us was glaring at us cuz we were uhhh screaming really loud. It's a fucking mosh pit. What the fuck do you expect? We made our way to the front...3rd row... Got some decent pictures.

They started off with Blinded, of course, then played Anything, Wounded...then...can't remember if it was Crystal Baller or Narcolepsy. They also played Forget Myself, Palm Reader (which won't be a single because Stephan went into this whole thing about how it wouldn't ever be played on the radio), Graduate, Danger, LAWY, Motercycle Drive-By, really surprising because it's a FESTIVAL...uhhhh Jumper....SCL, NLYG...I think that's it. Oh they covered I Wanna Be Sedated in Narc....I know they closed off with SCL..

That was the single most amazing moment in my life. So fucking worth it. I'll post my pictures soon, and...if I pushed you out of the way...sorry. So many people told us that when we were leaving. Whoops.

wangdong81
05-18-2003, 07:50 PM
I would have to agree, the DC performance on Saturday was pretty amazing, even though I wasn't sure how it would be because it was a festival. I thought all the bands that played there were subpar compared to 3EB, it just seemed like they had so much energy and transfered over to the crowd. The only thing that kind of bothered me was that it seemed like a lot of people who were trying to get to the front (my friends and I were trying to get real close, but couldn't get up that far) were just trying to get to the front to mosh and push people around and shit. I felt like I was one of the only people who knew any of the lyrics to all the new songs, and everyone else was just waiting for them to play Jumper and Semi Charmed Life.
But that is what to expect when going to a festival like that, where a large majority of people are there to see lame bands like 3 Doors Down and the like. I totally thought 3EB should have closed the event, but 3 Doors Down did for some reason, I am still not sure why. They are so boring and dull live, I don't know why anyone likes them. Anyways, 3EB rocked hard, and I especially loved the Stairway to heaven thing after Semi Charmed Life, that was awesome!!

3ebfan11
05-31-2003, 02:00 AM
"Then they did this Pro War Speach" "3 Doors Down closed" Saliva and 3 doors down both suck, i don't know why 3eb would play with those pro-war hicks, its an insult to 3eb to play at the same festival as them.

3ebgurlie
07-15-2003, 03:20 AM
Can you send me some pictures? Id like to take a peek at them, i was at the show too.