PDA

View Full Version : Which track(s) are you most looking forward to on Ursa Minor?

Mac
01-11-2010, 07:41 PM
As it says.

Vote for your favorite Three (3 picks each, no more) Songs which you would like to see on Ursa Minor.

Adam
01-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Gorgeous isn't in there.

Adam
01-11-2010, 08:07 PM
:cool:

Costa
01-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Stevie Ray Vaughan, All Right Caroline and Scattered for me. I would have picked Summertown remix but I don't think it should be on the album. But, oh how I want to hear a version without the raps. SRV is just awesome and I want studio cuts of ARC and Scattered so they'll flow nicely when I'm playing all the other songs.

bloominrose
01-11-2010, 08:14 PM
NIDK, Scattered, and Lay Back. I'm sorry, but I still really like Lay Back, with some minor tweaks it could be another Water Landing. In fact... it may end up being called Water Landing 2 considering the lyrics...

And Scattered seems to be the big one, I'm surprised. I figured everyone would be on the "he's gonna Doug it up" train. I think it's gonna tear our faces off with awesomeness. Tony Guitar licks over the already kick ass song? Yes please. :yes:

Ken
01-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Cheap Gay Disco? Is this true?

should_be_working
01-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Ken said IS THIS TRUE????

wait, that's what it is right....

Jumper30
01-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Caroline, NIDK, and Summertown remix. Even though I don't think it should be on the album, at one point I had it in my head that ST would end up being my favorite 3eb song of all time. Then Doug happened. I want to see if they really can fix it...

Mac
01-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Gorgeous isn't in there.

Dickhead.

Mac
01-11-2010, 08:52 PM
I forgot to add Fucked Up Kid in there. Well, i didnt but i erased it when i shortened the poll down :spaz:

Mark Fucked Up Kid as New Unheard Tony/Stephan song if you want it

Will
01-11-2010, 08:56 PM
You can edit it back in Steve. In fact it's your duty to now.

It really says something about how much attention I pay to the rumors and what have you that I didn't even realise Alright Caroline was in contention for this release. I love that song more than anything on OOTV or UMaj (and more than most of the other stuff as well).

......actually now I think about it, I should be depressed that it could be getting the album treatment now (and by 'album treatment now', I mean 'ruined').

KateByDesign
01-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Acoustic Story of A Girl.

Mac
01-11-2010, 09:11 PM

You cant edit the poll itself, not from what i see anyway because if i could i would of added

"The near mythical "good version" of 'One In Ten' that only Will seems to of heard"

;)

Also, all that talk in the other thread about double spacing and punctuation, yet seems some of you cant even READ.

Vote for your favorite Three (3 picks each, no more) Songs which you would like to see on Ursa Minor.

Continue :thup:

brenan
01-11-2010, 09:14 PM
I voted for songs we don't already have a good version of.

tonyrox
01-11-2010, 09:21 PM

It really says something about how much attention I pay to the rumors and what have you that I didn't even realise Alright Caroline was in contention for this release. I love that song more than anything on OOTV or UMaj (and more than most of the other stuff as well).

......actually now I think about it, I should be depressed that it could be getting the album treatment now (and by 'album treatment now', I mean 'ruined').

Exactly why I didn't pick it. It's my absolute favorite 3eb song and I have little faith the album version will survive Doug's slutting around. Also, I totally voted for 4, fuck you Steve.

Will
01-11-2010, 10:06 PM
You cant edit the poll itself, not from what i see anyway because if i could i would of added

"The near mythical "good version" of 'One In Ten' that only Will seems to of heard"

;)

Also, all that talk in the other thread about double spacing and punctuation, yet seems some of you cant even READ.

Continue :thup:

The odd thing is I could edit the poll options, I went into the menu and everything, but then I voted and the option went away. Odd.

And Steve, why have us pick three when there is a poll there? What a load of complex jargon. :p

y2kristinaholic
01-11-2010, 10:12 PM
The Poll should have said, "Which of your favorites tunes are you most looking forward to being murdered like a baby lamb?"

Eric
01-11-2010, 10:20 PM
I picked 6 (with wife input).

ordinaryday6
01-11-2010, 11:43 PM
I figured everyone would be on the "he's gonna Doug it up" train.

i am.

i want don't run with the cowards and in the skin.*

Mark Fucked Up Kid as New Unheard Tony/Stephan song if you want it

aw i missed this.

i want this too.*

*as long as he doesn't fuck them up.

The Poll should have said, "Which of your favorites tunes are you most looking forward to being murdered like a baby lamb?"

yeah, exactly.

Mac
01-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Exactly why I didn't pick it. It's my absolute favorite 3eb song and I have little faith the album version will survive Doug's slutting around. Also, I totally voted for 4, fuck you Steve.

3 votes was just so everyone didnt vote for everything. 1 vote didnt feel like enough.

Im the same, i really dont want to see Scattered or AC buggered up

I picked SUFY, ITS and Swimming.

two i really want and one im very interested to hear, though we never will.

chago04
01-12-2010, 12:06 AM
ok, who are the efftards that picked stephan solo song? ;) brenan, eric, and steve. im just shocked.

bloominrose
01-12-2010, 12:36 AM
So seeing as ITS is currently on top by a growing margin...

20 to 1 odds say its cut before release.

Eric
01-12-2010, 12:40 AM
ok, who are the efftards that picked stephan solo song? ;) brenan, eric, and steve. im just shocked.

Curiosity got the best of me.

Where's the love for Second Born?

brenan
01-12-2010, 12:51 AM

I voted before the 'pick 3'. I picked all the ones we don't have good versions of.

Jamie
01-12-2010, 02:30 AM
I was stupid, didn't read, and only voted for SRV. If I could choose two more, I would choose NIDK and SUFY. Looking over these songs, Um could be fucking outstanding. I really hope so.

tonyrox
01-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Um could be fucking outstanding.

Yeah. It could have been.

I think we should all talk about Minor in the past tense, like it's already been ruined. That'll make it hurt less when it inevitably happens. :)

Sorry, in a really negative mood today. And everyday.

Mac
01-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Sorry, in a really negative mood today. And everyday.[/SIZE]

Just as long as we dont see that positive fucker again anytime soon.

Eric
01-12-2010, 05:30 PM

I think we should all talk about Minor in the past tense, like it's already been ruined. That'll make it hurt less when it inevitably happens. :)

Sorry, in a really negative mood today. And everyday.

This isn't negative at all. I feel the same way after the POS that is Ursa.

APhotoInHighSchool
01-12-2010, 06:43 PM
What's that? Nobody fucking wants Monotov or Dao remixes on Minor?
Imagine that. Take a fucking hint Doug.

Will
01-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Actually, I kind of do want remixes of those songs on UMinor, I think they'd be great. I just want Stephan to have anything to do with those remixes.

They should get RAC to remix them.

Eric
01-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Actually, I kind of do want remixes of those songs on UMinor, I think they'd be great. I just want Stephan to have anything to do with those remixes.

They should get RAC to remix them.

I voted for the Summertown remix only because I want the non-Douglized version of it.

sean...
01-13-2010, 04:53 AM

"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed."
Jonathan Swift

3eBrad
01-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Curiosity got the best of me.

Where's the love for Second Born?

I :heart: Second Born. But Steve said ONLY PICK 3 so I had to stick with ITS, SUFY and Dont run with the Cowards just because the name intrigues me and I know Carnival Barker with lyrics is going to be a major letdown if I get excited about it, so might as well have low expectations and I might be able to enjoy the song.

Hooby
01-14-2010, 07:55 AM
This is going to sound really REALLY dickish, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

I've been pretty lax when it comes to this band over the last two/three years or so....for good reason. UM even didn't pique my interest, and therefore I haven't been paying that much attention to what goes on in the "General" forum. However, I've been rediscovering things lately that I love about this band. I'm listening to Blue and S/T a lot again, and UM is starting to worm it's way in to what I like about the band even.

Anyway, the fact that I haven't paid any attention to the band portion of this forum has meant that I don't have most of these fucking tunes in the poll on my computer, which is quite aggravating.

Now, I used to be very aggressive in my quest to keep track spoilers off my table, but it's growing ever more apparent by the day that man of what you all consider to be brilliant tracks may never see the light of day, or worse, that SJ will fuck with them and turn them into elephant turds.

Knowing that, I'd very much like to have what people generally consider to be the best versions of these tracks (the ones available anyway) on my computer for posterity/reference. And seeing as it would take about a year to really track down and decide which versions are the best.....I figured I'd ask you all to perhaps post a mediafire link to what could be assumed as a "TVCY Ursa Minor Compilation (The Return of Jar Jar Doug)"

Ryan
01-16-2010, 06:02 AM
Knowing that, I'd very much like to have what people generally consider to be the best versions of these tracks (the ones available anyway) on my computer for posterity/reference. And seeing as it would take about a year to really track down and decide which versions are the best.....I figured I'd ask you all to perhaps post a mediafire link to what could be assumed as a "TVCY Ursa Minor Compilation (The Return of Jar Jar Doug)"

I did this a while back .. I believe Tony posted a possible track list for Minor and compiled the best versions of those songs that I have. That said, I came up with a 12 song minor that went as follows:

Carnival Barker (full Instrumental)
Now I Don't Know (CIA)
In The Skin (Live @ Atlantic City 5/6/05)
Away (CIA)
Second Born (CIA)
Alright Caroline (Fillmore Anniversary Show)
Stevie Ray Vaughan (CIA)
Lay Back (Live @ Wantagh 10/1/05)
Persephone (MySpace)
Scattered (1995 Demo)
Invisible (CIA)
Standing Up For You (Live, Don't Remember)

Download My Ursa Minor Compilation (http://rapidshare.com/files/336023229/minor.zip)

I forgot to include a live version of Now I Don't Know from the Fillmore. Awesome song, and this live version was pretty great. So here's that: Download Now I Don't Know (Fillmore) (http://rapidshare.com/files/336023992/Now_I_Don_t_Know.mp3)

Will
01-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Have the band started playing Alright Caroline again Live? Or did they never start? I just wondered why it was suggested for UMin, or have I missed something?

ordinaryday6
01-16-2010, 08:01 PM
can i change my vote to "fuck minor. i want demos"?

Ken
01-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Have the band started playing Alright Caroline again Live? Or did they never start? I just wondered why it was suggested for UMin, or have I missed something?

Apart from a couple times in 2007 I haven't heard anything.

Mac
01-16-2010, 08:25 PM

YouTube- Third Eye Blind Plays Alright Caroline at Mulcahy's

Did i stick this in with the others Will? I thought i did.

It was only a rip from this video though, which has pretty good sound quality.

Will
01-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Ahhh. Doesn't sound like they've fucked about with it too much, bar the odd riff and twang here and there. Could it be that it won't be butchered? Still a long way to go.

Mac
01-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Ahhh. Doesn't sound like they've fucked about with it too much, bar the odd riff and twang here and there. Could it be that it won't be butchered? Still a long way to go.

Yeah, the only real thing is the "i never said you were slutting around" line, it keeps showing up every now and again, but apart from that, this version sounds pretty stellar imo :thup:

tonyrox
01-17-2010, 06:13 AM
Yeah, the only real thing is the "i never said you were slutting around" line, it keeps showing up every now and again, but apart from that, this version sounds pretty stellar imo :thup:

Meh. One of my favorite parts of the demo was the distinguishing descending melody in the chorus, and it's apparently been forgotten. I did like the emotion with which he sang it live though over the last couple years.

Man, how much have recent developments made me dead fucking on with this? I figured it would take months for that certainty to come true and instead it took just a few days.

Mac
01-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Meh. One of my favorite parts of the demo was the distinguishing descending melody in the chorus, and it's apparently been forgotten. I did like the emotion with which he sang it live though over the last couple years.

Emotion was good, really liked to Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhs before the chorus'

I fear over use of choir on this one.

but

If they can stick roughly to the original script i think we might be ok, but you know as well as me, we'll fucking moan about something dodgy on it ;)

3eBrad
01-18-2010, 01:50 PM

I can't believe you forgot (or missed) all of the poop flinging that "slutting around" caused when AC first resurfaced again a couple years ago. It was like monkeys at the zoo.

Will
01-20-2010, 07:54 PM
I can't believe you forgot (or missed) all of the poop flinging that "slutting around" caused when AC first resurfaced again a couple years ago. It was like monkeys at the zoo.
You'd be surprised at what I don't pay attention to. I totally missed the part where Stephan turned into Doug for an awfully long time... I was still lost in the world where we all thought he was a bit of a jerk but at least respected him for his lyrics. HAHA, that was before OOTV and the subsequent 6 years.

PhilEYoung
02-22-2010, 10:01 PM
so i'm a retard and voted for way more than 3 songs. voted first read last. :spaz:

Mac
02-23-2010, 12:21 AM
so i'm a retard and voted for way more than 3 songs. voted first read last. :spaz:

I think the real retard was the person who made this poll the day Tony quit the band.

:sigh:

ordinaryday6
02-23-2010, 04:14 AM
yeah, the title should probably be which tracks were you...

Anxious Audio
04-07-2010, 08:10 PM
I think they should release Carnival Barker right now to me only... if they dont hurry im going to write the lyrics for them.

Big Bear
04-23-2010, 01:24 AM
Not too interested in hearing remixes of already released songs being on the Ursa Minor.

Remixes are things should made available to download for free on the bandsite, not included on the actual album.

That being said, I've found most of what I've heard for Ursa Minor to be rather boring ("Stevie Ray Vaughn", "Away", "Second Born"). Couple those with remixes of songs from Ursa Major and I've lost any interest in this album.

Hope there are some jems awaiting.

AlwaysLaughWhenI'mHurting
04-23-2010, 02:57 AM
wow, where can I find Lay Back, Now I don't know, swimming and Standing up for you. Oh and a good copy of SRV? I've doubled checked the archive and none are there..

chance
04-23-2010, 05:40 AM
when i heard the old version of summertown back in 07, i became a real third eye blind fan....its a tragedy that song will never be heard properly....is it up for a remix?

Mac
04-23-2010, 11:13 AM
wow, where can I find Lay Back, Now I don't know, swimming and Standing up for you. Oh and a good copy of SRV? I've doubled checked the archive and none are there..

Lay Back & Standing Up For You are live bootlegs only
Swimming was a track from the SoD EP but has not been leaked out and only heard by two (very lucky ;)) girls here.
Someone will be more than happy to hook you up with SRV & NIDK demos if you ask nicely in the media area.

when i heard the old version of summertown back in 07, i became a real third eye blind fan....its a tragedy that song will never be heard properly....is it up for a remix?

Tony remixed 2 different versions of it, one "rock", one "blues"(?), both with alternate lyrics SJ recorded in the studio. Shame we'll never hear them.

chance
04-23-2010, 07:31 PM
what!? ughhhhh. this is depressing....i hope he at least gives an instrumental version after all the crap is over...

how can u botch a song that good into the piece of crap it is now...the guitar in that song is so out of place compared to the old versions

kenneth r.
05-15-2010, 07:37 PM
so basically most of these tracks are dead with Tony's departure. : (