PDA

View Full Version : November 8, 2009 - McAllen, TX - Metropolis

Matt
10-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Not sure if this is a real show or just one of those 3 or 4 song acoustic radio shows.

http://www.themonitor.com/entertainment/third-31513-blind-eye.html

Third Eye Blind, the alternative rock band that rose to fame in the late ‘1990s with monster radio hits such as “Semi-Charmed Life,” “Jumper” and “Never Let You Go,” will play a show Sunday, Nov. 8, in McAllen, according to Hot Kiss 106.3FM, the radio station behind the show.

Metropolis, a nightclub on McAllen’s north side near the intersection of 23rd Street and Nolana, will host the concert. This show marks the latest entry in Hot Kiss’ Listener’s Lounge series, which featured alt-rockers Vertical Horizon and Better Than Ezra earlier this year.

This tour supports the San Francisco-based band’s most recent album Ursa Major, which came out in August. A review on allmusic.com praises the new disc and notes that it has the “fizzy, singsong hooks that made their debut a smash success.”

Tickets are available exclusively through Hot Kiss 106.3FM and Festiva.

We’ll be holding daily giveaways starting later this week, so stay tuned to www.themonitor.com and www.festivarocks.com for more info.

aFradulentZodiac
11-10-2009, 03:09 AM
There are a bunch of boots from this up on youtube in case anyone is interested in the acoustic stuff:

YouTube- Third Eye Blind-Bonfire
YouTube- Third Eye Blind-Motorcycle Drive By
YouTube- Third Eye Blind-Never Let You Go
YouTube- Third Eye Blind-SemiCharmed Life
YouTube- SemiCharmed Life (middle part)
YouTube- SemiCharmed Life(last part)
YouTube- Third Eye Blind-SummerTown
YouTube- Third Eye Blind-Water Landing
YouTube- Third Eye Blind-Jumper
YouTube- Third Eye Blind-One In Ten

Lee kinda annoys the hell outta me on some of these

mike
11-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Good to see Lee right up front next to SJ...:angry:

outofthevein03
11-10-2009, 03:49 AM
No Abe or Tony? That blows.

Steve
11-10-2009, 03:51 AM
It's hard to tell by the videos - but doesn't seem neither Tony or Abe are playing at this show. It would explain (somewhat) why Lee is up front with SJ.

Like the acoustic version of Summertown; definitely hoping that we get something like this as a single next.

J.
11-10-2009, 04:07 AM
It's hard to tell by the videos - but doesn't seem neither Tony or Abe are playing at this show. It would explain (somewhat) why Lee is up front with SJ.

Like the acoustic version of Summertown; definitely hoping that we get something like this as a single next.

it looks that way. i was a little confused when i saw abe's facebook status yesterday since i knew of this show last night....

abe's status was: San Antonio ~ a day off... what is fun to do in san antonio texas?

so it looks like he and tone sat this one out......??

Steve
11-10-2009, 04:15 AM
it looks that way. i was a little confused when i saw abe's facebook status yesterday since i knew of this show last night....

abe's status was: San Antonio ~ a day off... what is fun to do in san antonio texas?

so it looks like he and tone sat this one out......??

I could see why they wouldn't have needed Abe and with Tony battling the flu (as per his last blog) it could make sense that he would sit out an acoustic show with a small set list

aFradulentZodiac
11-10-2009, 06:26 PM
I could see why they wouldn't have needed Abe and with Tony battling the flu (as per his last blog) it could make sense that he would sit out an acoustic show with a small set list

Or SJ might've just rather had Lee play with him than Abe or Tony.

Dallas
11-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Ugh, I've never seen them with Lee live, her voice sounds really out of place.

y2kristinaholic
11-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Ugh, I've never seen them with Lee live, her voice sounds really out of place.

Lies.

Lee's voice sounds perfect in Water Landing. It's just that there aren't many 3eb songs, short of Water Landing and maybe NLYG where her voice would "fit."

My issue is with her singing at the same volume as SJ.
Granted, the flu is kicking his ass in these videos, but she's supposed to be singing background vocals.