PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 De

rockmoney
05-12-2003, 01:46 PM
A weird 3eb show for me. I went with my old college roommate who is a fan of 3eb, but not a die hard one. We got their early and had great spots but he wanted to watch the end of the Sixers game at the back of the bar. WATCH basketball some other time!!! Also, he didn't want to get close which was a drag because I wanted to see what Tony was playing.

The setlist was:

blinded
anything
wounded
narcolepsy
Danger
crystal baller
palm reader
forget myself
losing a whole year
wake for young souls
can't get away from you
motorcycle drive by
i want you
never let you go
jumper(ain't 2 proud to beg
Graduate
good man
slow motion(stephan solo)
how's it going to be
semi-charmed life(stairway to heaven)

slow motion live is unreal.

Danger, Crystal Baller, and Wake for Young Souls all had the crowd moving. They will be awesome singles.

ONe thing that pissed me off was that a lot of people who had better seats than me kept saying "Why are the playing new stuff? I think they play that doot doot doot song." WHAT???????

lboyce
05-12-2003, 04:43 PM
Hello,

I thought that the show on Saturday night rocked! I have been to 2 other shows on this tour, and not one of them did they play "Semi-Charmed Life". What a treat since they said that they were not going to play it on this tour. Drove 8 hours to see them in Raleigh on 4/21, then went to UMBC Quadmania on 4/26 that same weekend. AM Radio opened in Baltimore and Newark, DE; which were white hot and livened up the crowd even more for 3eb. DE show was the best, since it was a little bar on campus no crowd-surfing allowed. That rule rocks since in Baltimore I got kicked in the eye and Stephan stopped the show to say "No one over 160 lbs., and you have to be a female"! Next show in my area is 5/17 in Washington DC, hopefully the crowd will be just as cool.

Rock on,
Lisa :-)

Jason
05-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Third Eye Blind heats up Stone Balloon
Intimate setting allows band, crowd to interact
By JOE SZCZECHOWSKI
Special the News Journal
05/12/2003

San Francisco-based rockers Third Eye Blind brought their "Within Arms Reach" tour to Newark Saturday night, delighting a capacity crowd that packed the Stone Balloon to see the platinum-selling band perform in an intimate club setting. The group's last tour ended three years ago, so they've been playing smaller venues to reintroduce themselves to fans and promote their new CD, "Out Of The Vein," which hits stores Tuesday.

"Of all the places we've played on this tour, this is the smallest, and the closest we've gotten to the audience," lead singer and guitarist Stephan Jenkins told the crowd.

The hot, humid night and sardine-can conditions didn't dampen the enthusiasm of the crowd, which Third Eye Blind rewarded with an equally energetic, 95-minute set.

The band opened the show with a powerful rendition of its new single, "Blinded (When I See You)." It was clear that front man Jenkins garners most of the attention, especially from the large percentage of female fans in attendance. Sporting a new close-cropped haircut, the buffed up, barefoot Jenkins seemed to relish the attention - especially when two female fans hopped up on stage.

In a recent interview, bassist and backing vocalist Arion Salazar suggested the group, which also includes Tony Fredianelli on guitar and backing vocals and Brad Hargreaves on drums, was showcasing primarily new music on this tour. But at Saturday's show, hits and fan favorites from the band's first two albums accounted for more than half of the 20-song set.

The band played all of its bona fide hits, including "Jumper," "Graduate," "How's It Going To Be," "Never Let You Go," and its best-known song, "Semi-Charmed Life." Perhaps the band is looking ahead to its return to larger stages and a more traditional set - the group is part of the lineup of the Q102 Radio Show at Camden's Tweeter Center on May 30.

The new material was well received, with melodic rockers like "Forget Myself," "Wake For Young Souls," and "Crystal Baller" joining the hard-driving "Danger" in sounding particularly sharp. Introducing the new song, "Palm Reader," Jenkins said, "On every album there seems to be one song that's most precious to me, that never gets played on the radio. I think this is that song."

The band wisely interspersed unfamiliar tracks with fan favorites, so the audience's energy level never waned.

Although the band's material loses a bit of melodic nuance when translated from the studio to the stage, the band more than made up in energy what it lacked in finesse.

The set-closing "Jumper" was extended into an instrumental jam that whipped the already sweat-soaked crowd into a rock 'n' roll frenzy. Brought back for two encores, Third Eye Blind performed "Good Man" and "How's It Going To Be" before Jenkins took the stage alone to play guitar on the moody, lyrically creepy fan favorite "Slow Motion."

A frenetic version of "Semi-Charmed Life" morphed into Led Zeppelin's "Stairway To Heaven" to close the show. Band members exited the stage for the final time, leaving the audience hot, sweaty and happy.

A. M. Radio opened the show with a well-received set of driving, melodic rock. Their debut CD, "Radioactive" is due out July 1.

From Delawareonline.com
Here's a pic from the show.

bluewintermoon
05-14-2003, 09:13 AM
Hey Lisa, I met you before the show. Nice talking with you!

This show was rock solid, I was right up in front of Arion, and when he came out, he saw me and made a face like, "hey! how's it goin!" then bent down and shook my hand while the rest of them started into Blinded. Hehehe. I'm just surprised he remembered what I looked like from the week before. Then after the show he came up and gave me a big hug. He is so fucking beyond cool.

I'm so digging AM Radio now. I've talked to the singer like, half a dozen times. Everytime I see him, I go, "Hey, Skid Row!" I dunno if he likes that, but... I don't rightly care. Super cool dudes, all around.

Anyway, great show, but I was kind of mad they played S-CL instead of My Hit & Run or Misfits... I'd rather hear the new stuff. And once again, love SJ's lies... "We're not going to play Semi-Charmed Life on this tour." Liiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaar!

lboyce
05-14-2003, 03:11 PM
Hey Kristin,

I saw you in front of me at the show. I was between Arion & Stephan (Boy I wish that was true), you know what I mean though. Did you have fun, I know I did! I got to meet AM Radio but was rushed off to the M&G w/ 3eb. By the way that sucked except for the time I got to talk with Arion & Stephan. Arion was the one who told me to check out this site and sign in. It seems that he frequents this board. Anyway, are you going to the AM Radio show here in Washington DC 5/23?

Talk to you later,
Lisa

lboyce
05-15-2003, 05:22 PM
Are you kidding, you were there? Damn, the only show I didn't brave the mosh pit in front. I was in the VIP area on the balcony. Prime, since Arion & Stephan were looking up at us quite a bit. Did you do the M&G? I remember driving 8 hours to see them that night, that was my first concert for 3eb. I even braved 8 hours driving home to MD immediately after the show. Raleigh show was absolutely great, it so rocked that night. Maybe it was the fact that I was in a city I didn't know, but it was so easy talking to the guys after the show. They were completely personable, but then again it was mid-tour. Now they are a little tired. How was the show from the front of the club? Fill me in, I want to get the dirt!

Talk to you later,
Lisa :-)

bluewintermoon
05-18-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by lboyce
Hey Kristin,

I saw you in front of me at the show. I was between Arion & Stephan (Boy I wish that was true), you know what I mean though. Did you have fun, I know I did! I got to meet AM Radio but was rushed off to the M&G w/ 3eb. By the way that sucked except for the time I got to talk with Arion & Stephan. Arion was the one who told me to check out this site and sign in. It seems that he frequents this board. Anyway, are you going to the AM Radio show here in Washington DC 5/23?

Talk to you later,
Lisa

Dude, I had SUCH a great fucking spot for that show. Except towards the end when the woman on my right kept trying to squish in front of me. Fuck off, whore, I was here first. Heh. But I really had a great time.

I think I'm going to check out AMR the next day in Jersey, only because APOLLINE (http://www.apollineband.com) (like that, Danielle? ;)) is playing in the area as well. Hit two birds with one stone, or some shit.